• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Manual swap help

Kb2025

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 93 ranger that I am swapping a 5 speed. I have a donor truck that’s a 97 and I have read all the stuff I can about electrical and such that might have issues. My problem is I pulled the pedal assembly out of the 97 but the pedals will not bolt into the 93 because the break pedal in the 93 is apart of the steering column mount. Is there a difference in the pedals from 93-97

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
1993/94 may be different than 1992 and older and 1995 and up, 1993/94 were in between years for Rangers
1993 was start of the new larger body size
1995 was start of the new computer and wiring

Kb2025

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
1993/94 may be different than 1992 and older and 1995 and up, 1993/94 were in between years for Rangers
1993 was start of the new larger body size
1995 was start of the new computer and wiring
Ok thank you I will find one that’s that year and look at the pedals. The pictures online look different too. My issues is so I have to pull the dash and change the bracket out for the column mount

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If you put the 1997 column into the 1993(to get rid of the automatic shifter) would the 1997 pedal assembly work?

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
If you put the 1997 column into the 1993(to get rid of the automatic shifter) would the 1997 pedal assembly work?
That would be a ton of work. I would try to find the right pedals… I think 89-94 Ranger/B2 or Explorer will fit perfectly. 95 up parts into 94 and older gets to be a mess.

Kb2025

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
I would have to use the whole dash because it looks like the column bolts to the dash. I’m assuming I would have to pull the column and all out of a 93-94 and use it all for the proper mounts

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
1989 to 1994 had the "second generation (second design?) dash"; 1995 started a new dash design, and it was the first year for air bags.

I've never owned a 1995 or newer Ranger, so I can't tell you how much the pedal brackets differ.

Getting the correct year pedal assembly would be your best bet, but one other thing that you may want to look at, is if the brake and clutch pedals and shaft can be exchanged from the newer donor bracket into your original bracket. On '89 through '94 auto/manual conversions it's easier to just swap the pedals than it is to swap the whole pedal/bracket assembly.

Kb2025

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
1989 to 1994 had the "second generation (second design?) dash"; 1995 started a new dash design, and it was the first year for air bags.

I've never owned a 1995 or newer Ranger, so I can't tell you how much the pedal brackets differ.

Getting the correct year pedal assembly would be your best bet, but one other thing that you may want to look at, is if the brake and clutch pedals and shaft can be exchanged from the newer donor bracket into your original bracket. On '89 through '94 auto/manual conversions it's easier to just swap the pedals than it is to swap the whole pedal/bracket assembly.
I cannot swap the pedals to the bracket with the location of the pivot. It’s in a different spot than the manual pedal assembly I think

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Like I said, I'm not familiar with the '95 and up parts, so you may well be looking at differences that would make it not work. On the earlier trucks it was one bracket, two different pedal setups which would interchange within the one bracket depending on auto or manual.

Good luck with your swap, and welcome to TRS!

Kb2025

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic
Like I said, I'm not familiar with the '95 and up parts, so you may well be looking at differences that would make it not work. On the earlier trucks it was one bracket, two different pedal setups which would interchange within the one bracket depending on auto or manual.

Good luck with your swap, and welcome to TRS!
Thank you for the advice. That would make sense tho considering the column mounts the the bracket that holds the break pedal

Kb2025

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xlt
Transmission
Automatic

So this is one I found online. If you look at it it has the spot for the column to bolt to as well

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals