• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Maf testing

graff104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So i followed the Maf testing that's outline in the tech library
Testing:

With the engine running at idle, use a DVOM to verify there is at least 10.5 volts between terminals A and B of the MAF sensor connector. This indicates the power input to the sensor is correct. Then, measure the voltage between MAF sensor connector terminals C and D. If the reading is approximately 0.34-1.96 volts, the sensor is functioning properly.
Anyways the Maf failed worse than a 3rd grader in thermodynamics. I got around i think 5 between terminals A and B and no reading whatsoever between terminals C and D. This means I need to replace the sensor right?... :sad: Or maybe just a good cleaning? Not really looking forward to putting more money into the truck right now, but I love my truck.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I wouldn't trash the MAF until I got the 10.5 volts to A and B. Insufficient voltage would cause the maf to show up bad. Got to figure out why you don't have 10.5 at the connector first...

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
+1 with snake.... you need battery/ charging voltage to the maf first, or it may have a bad ground wire.

graff104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
+1 with snake.... you need battery/ charging voltage to the maf first, or it may have a bad ground wire.
ok i guess I know what I'm doing saturday. I hate dealing with wiring its never fun, but oh well Ill start chasing wires looking for problems and cleaning up my grounds.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals