• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lowering 2" cpl of questions

Chersh1088

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I got a 98 2wd longbed for cheap to haul stuff around my property and do odds and ends.. I am going to be doing the shackle hanger flip in the rear to lower the rear 2".. I also want to lower the front 2" and am looking into buying 2" western chassis coil springs..

My question is if i lower the front 2" with springs and get new shocks am i going to have problems aligning and getting the camber in spec?

Please dont tell me to lower it more and just do a 4/5 or 3/5!! I have made up my mind and only want to go 2" lower to get rid of some of the wheel gap.

Any help is appreciated

Upper pic is when i got the truck. Lower is two weeks ago. Since then i have installed 2000 red tail lights and i have 06+ mirrors coming in the mail to install.

Chersh1088

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I found this pic of this tan ranger with pretty much the exact setup/ stance i want..

I am running 225/60/16 tires already with 1" spacers all around.

ES894x4

December 2013 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
You will need camber eccentric bolts for the upper control arms, about $70 for the set from napa or similar part supply, but with those you will have no problems getting the truck back to factory specs. You wont need new shocks unless youre already planning on replacing them, stock replacements are fine and drop shocks arent needed/may even be too short.

Safety first, remember your wheel chocks, jackstands, eye protection. Good luck with the "stock drop" went 2/3 and id be kicking myself if id gone 4/5.

Chersh1088

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you for the advice!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals