• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lizard Skin flooring?

screw'd up

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/1986
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I recently bought a '86 Bronco II and with the few holes leaking into the truck, the carpet was gross and things were living in it. I ripped out the carpet but need to put something else down and I heard about lizard skin paint for the floors, has anyone else tried using this stuff? I know it runs kinda pricey and thats why I wanna know how well it works or doesn't work first. Or any other sugguestions? This truck is going to be used as a woods truck but also be used as an everyday driver.

3hokies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I used Herculiner in my Ranger after first painting it with Rust Bullit. Worked well so far...a little noisy and you can feel the heat. Pictures are in my albums.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Lizard skin is more of a sound deadner and insulator, it usually has carpet or something over it. Not sure how it would stand up as a floor coating with nothing on top. If you are wanting something heavy duty to put down and don't want carpet or vynil floor, I'd recommend bed liner. I personally would recommend a DIY spray in type if you have access to an air compressor that will handle it.

William Spitzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
I used Herculiner in my Ranger after first painting it with Rust Bullit. Worked well so far...a little noisy and you can feel the heat. Pictures are in my albums.
Thats my plan for my B2 when it comes time to work on the interior. How bad is the heat? the road noise shouldnt bother me alot, but i dont know about heat. And your from Winchester? I'm only about an hour away.

3hokies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Fulks Run..Hell Yeaah...the heats not that bad...and mines a regular cab....I work across the street from Buffalo Wild Wings and I usually drive the truck to work...stop by

William Spitzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
Oh cool, i work over at TJ Maxx next to Kroger, usually drive a beat up, semi-ricey Festiva. And I will sometime, I'd like to see your Herculiner.

3hokies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
You mean Target, Right? I'm there 10-6 Tuesday -Saturday Fosters Jewelers

gungfudan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
When i found out my Ranger was taking on water i had to track it down to stop it. I ended up taking my whole dash out because where you windshield wipers are the drain tray (what ever it is called) had leaves and pine straw sitting in it. I found tons of rust and a few holes. It was leaking so bad from the fire wall that I had an inch of standing water on the floor board. Puts a whole new meaning to car pooling.:icon_rofl:

I cleaned everything, on the fire wall, up put Rustoleum Rust Reformer on it, for added protection, I patch all that with JB Weld stick (two part epoxy stick). If you do a light sand before the JB weld it will stick better. Then after that I used seem sealer around the edges of the JB weld and let that dry and painted it. Then i used Dynamat on the fire wall to cover everything, also to dampen the sound of the engine. Then in the Drain tray, were the wipers are, I bought a self leveling caulk and squirted it in there and let it dry and have not Had a leak since.

I said all that to say this; on the floor I painted it with that rubberized spray for your under carriage. I pulled up the factory insulation and then painted it. I would buy some Dynamat for road noise it is awesome stuff I lined my doors with it and it cut down on the road noise tremendously. I used MIP (molded industrial polly-vinyl) on my floor board. I bought it from http://www.lmctruck.com it is a little pricey but worthy it. It is tough stuff. hope this helps.

Dugan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1949
Make / Model
Ford, IH
Engine Size
2.9L, 355 SBC
Transmission
Manual
Oh cool, i work over at TJ Maxx next to Kroger, usually drive a beat up, semi-ricey Festiva. And I will sometime, I'd like to see your Herculiner.
Tj Maxx and a Festiva? oh boy..:idiot:

You have a riced out one of these???? What the?

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
Tj Maxx and a Festiva? oh boy..:idiot:

You have a riced out one of these???? What the?
Post a picture OP I have to see that!!! Lol

William Spitzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
As requested, here it is. :D

Here is also the spoiler I started to fiberglass, but I got my bronco II and haven't been able to finish it.

Please done make fun of me to much :D

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals