• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Land rover brush guard on a. 04 edge

RangerRage

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys. I managed to find a brush guard on a local Facebook group but it's for a land Rover. I believe it will fit quite nicely but will involve some modification. My plan is to cut the mounts off the guard (they are spaced out too far) and bring them in tighter together so I can weld them onto my tow hook brackets. I guess I have 2 questions.
1. Would you guys like me to take pictures and do a bit of a how to for this project?

2. Would there be better options for mounting besides welding it to the tow hooks?

I got this guard for a measly $50 including 4 lights already mounted. (Probably sell for $20/set as I don't really like them) so I would like to take on the challenge of modifying it and potentially save some cash and learn something in the process.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had a brush guard on mine before I did the body lift, just welded the mounting tabs right on the tow hooks. Personally I thought if I ever hit something it probley wouldn't take much of a hit but looked decent at least. Here's a pic for reference, cause the bar was for a jeep grand Cherokee.

Fishful

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Mine is a rhino bar from a newer squad car. Bolted it to tow hooks. Had to make and weld L brackets from an old Reese tow hitch. You have pics?

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals