• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just A Little Guy

Blacked-Out FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My dad had this 2006 Ranger brand new off the lot for 3 1/2 years when he decided he wanted something bigger (2010 F150 Fully Loaded). So then I took over the payments of the Ranger and things started getting done. At first it was simple. LED tailgate bar, aux reverse light, and sound system. But for Carlilse 2010 I wanted to do some major improvement so I didn't have just a stock truck. So I started out with purchasing a leveling kit, blocks, and rims. My girlfriend helped out as well with projector headlight assemblies. This is where it once was.

Then after a few weeks of doing one thing at a time she eventually grew into my black beauty.

Before you all jump on my case, I don't have the budget currently for tires, but that is the next step. So let me know what you think!

Blacked-Out FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks alot...my girlfriend isn't very happy at the moment cause its a week till Carlisle Truck Nationals and I'm giving the truck more attention than her. :annoyed: But I just keep telling her its truck show season, she doesn't understand.

DangerRanger~91

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2006
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks alot...my girlfriend isn't very happy at the moment cause its a week till Carlisle Truck Nationals and I'm giving the truck more attention than her. :annoyed: But I just keep telling her its truck show season, she doesn't understand.
Yeah I get that alot too... my gf says my trucks are 1 and 2.. and she is 3 lol

Blacked-Out FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
haha i think my girl would walk away if i had another truck. But i'm gunna try to get her to trade in her equinox for a ranger...not seeing that happening...but an explorer im crossing my fingers for.

DangerRanger~91

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2006
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/4.0
Transmission
Automatic
haha i think my girl would walk away if i had another truck. But i'm gunna try to get her to trade in her equinox for a ranger...not seeing that happening...but an explorer im crossing my fingers for.
Yeah I keep telling my gf to get a ranger but... thats never going to happen lol.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Sweet looking truck man! That's the look I'm trying to go for with my Ranger.

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
LOL, get used to it. I have to hear it all the time. Shoot just a few days ago!

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
ahh, women and trucks.... some love them, some hate them, mine does both. at first she hated me working on my truck instead of going on dates with her and couldnt understand why i wanted to spend all my free time with my ranger, then i convinced her to sell the grand am and buy a sport trac! now we spend weekends working on her truck and she doesnt want to go out to dinner, she wants to go camping or do some two track exploring in her sporty.

nice truck btw, i like the head lights alot. what kind of wheels are on it, theyre kind of hard to see the detail in the photo.

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
lol i tell my gf thats why i like the truck more... cuz it doesnt complain lol

Blacked-Out FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
ahh, women and trucks.... some love them, some hate them, mine does both. at first she hated me working on my truck instead of going on dates with her and couldnt understand why i wanted to spend all my free time with my ranger, then i convinced her to sell the grand am and buy a sport trac! now we spend weekends working on her truck and she doesnt want to go out to dinner, she wants to go camping or do some two track exploring in her sporty.

nice truck btw, i like the head lights alot. what kind of wheels are on it, theyre kind of hard to see the detail in the photo.
Thanks a lot. I got the headlights off of ebay. They were used so they didnt come with instructions or proper mounts, so i cut the original headlight retainers so they would fit with the new lights. they also have 3 LED's above the high beam so i was going to wire up a flasher to them so I can use them as strobes for responding to fire calls. I'm sorry about the quality of the picture. I was so excited I snapped it with my cell phone. The rims are 16x8 Pro Comp 7031 with a matte black finish. thanks again for checkin me out!

Blacked-Out FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet looking truck man! That's the look I'm trying to go for with my Ranger.
I see that you have a 2wd. Not to knock you down but the 4wd sits at least 2in higher than yours. But 2 in coil spacers up front and 2 1/2 blocks in the rear (which are on my fx4 from factory) should have you sittin higher. I adjusted my retainer bolts on the torsion keys to level it. My friend didn't have the proper unloading tool for the ranger so we just did that for the time being. Best of luck with yours! And thanks for looking at mine!

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Nothing a little bit of money wont fix haha.

I really love the blacked out look, where did you get your headlight assembly from?

Blacked-Out FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Nothing a little bit of money wont fix haha.

I really love the blacked out look, where did you get your headlight assembly from?
i found them on ebay...http://cgi.ebay.com/01-08-FORD-RANGER-LED-PROJECTOR-BLK-HEADLIGHTS-05-06-07-/190424242984?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ARanger&hash=item2c562b5b28...mine were used so they weren't as pricey. But they took some effort to get them to work. But ebay has a lot of solutions for rangers, just need to look around.

Clay Lorance

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck, take care of it and it will last a long time.:icon_thumby::icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals