• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

It's on now! Will post pics when done! How hard and how long will it take?

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Very nice. Would you mind posting how hard it was? I greatly want to lift my truck, and im definately gonna do it... buuuuut.... lol im only 16 (17 in may) so i have no experience in any of this :icon_twisted:

Gonna do the 3" BL like u, and then 4" susp with 4" JD up front and skyjacker leafs for the rear. :yahoo:

compaqeo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
Very nice. Would you mind posting how hard it was? I greatly want to lift my truck, and im definately gonna do it... buuuuut.... lol im only 16 (17 in may) so i have no experience in any of this :icon_twisted:

Gonna do the 3" BL like u, and then 4" susp with 4" JD up front and skyjacker leafs for the rear. :yahoo:
Its really easy the hardest part will be getting the old bolts loose...or breaking the heads off which is what you should hope to happen as you replace them anyway. just unbolt one side at a time though so it stays kinda level and check the bolts from time to time to ensure tightness.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Much better.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual

i put one on my old 88 when i was 13 by myself. i was all day at it but i was proud as hell

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice, i figured it wouldnt be too hard but i havent done anything really before. Still replacing my front end from my accident lol The bumper sure was a beotch to get off :p

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks guys will post some more pics today!

The hardest part was getting the 2 front cab bolts out or in my case to break off and then getting the old cab bushings off because i replaced my cab mounts with poly bushings from Auto Zone $65.00. I tried to make a puller but the nut broke off the bushing flange so I had to take my cutter and cut the washer off around the inside and they pry like hell till I finally busted them out. The rest is easy. Just loosen both sides and lift one side at a time. Get a good kit that has the fan shroud drop down kit and the right steering extension and bumper extensions, I got mine off of Craigs list and had to get a new steering extension and will have to fab up some bumper brackets but it's still a great deal cause they are usually like 2-300 dollars and I got mine for 50 +15 for a steering extension it is a 3" Performance Accessories kit. I still have to adjust my tranny kick down linkage and my brake cable but that's easy stuff, I might have to put a longer bottom hose on, it's kinda kinked, but there again easy stuff. Oh and don't for get thread lock on the new hardware and don't over tighten them and crush the new bushings, I just ran mine up with the impact until the top bushing got tight. Make sure you check them every couple of hundred miles or so for a while. Good luck! :-D

Last edited:

midtnranger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
those front 2 cab bolts are notorious for being difficult to get out. most just cut or drill them out and replace them with new ones from the local hardware store.
looks great!! they should come from the factory lookin' like that!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals