• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Insights from dealership parts guy

cvar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I just spoke to Mazda dealership parts guy. Here are some insights he shared. Dunno if they're true?

He said the plastic clips holding the hard brake lines to frame are ONLY available by purchasing the whole bed. Ford's reasoning, he said, was that on some lesser model the line happens to clip to the bed. Now THAT is plain stupid. He wanted brake-line clips for his Ranger, too, and yet he could not get them separately from Ford. That makes no sense.

He said the "Cash For Clunkers" law had a sneaky perk for automakers. They're no longer required to stock parts beyond 10 months after warranty expires. That limits Mazda requirement to 3 yrs + 10 months. Afterwards, you're on your own, kids.

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's just dumb but understandable.

How are the clips help on with a bolt or something like a Christmas tree clip?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Then walk out on their lot and take off the number of clips you need from a new vehicle on the lot. Dealers do that crap all the time as well if they need something they can't get right away they'll go out on the lot and find the part they need on a new vehicle, so by the time someone comes along to buy a vehicle its already been "parted out". As for having to buy a whole truck bed for brake line clips that wouldn't surprise me with ford, they have built and designed some pretty stupid ideas.

As far as the parts thing, that wouldn't surprise me either given the current administration is a bunch of no good lying tree hugging useless thieves. Glad I don't own a newer ford product.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Then walk out on their lot and take off the number of clips you need from a new vehicle on the lot.
That would roughly be called theft. Most municipalities consider that a crime. It's a good way to get arrested.

Dealers do that crap all the time as well if they need something they can't get right away they'll go out on the lot and find the part they need on a new vehicle, so by the time someone comes along to buy a vehicle its already been "parted out".

Yes, we do. Usually only if the customer is waiting or drives a significant distance to get there and needs the car back before we can get the part in. We then leave a note on the keys, order the needed part and put it back on the donor vehicle, effectively restoring it to factory condition. They have not been "parted out" before they are even sold.

In the future please have some clue about what you are talking about before making idiotic statements.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Exactly my point, the dealers do the same exact thing to a vehicle that you might be purchasing. Hell if that's the case and you have to buy the whole bed, then take the whole bed then. That's the problem with this country its being run by the worlds largest thieves and yet here is another bunch of people crying because someone suggested that you go get the parts from a "donor" vehicle.

Last time I checked this was a forum and a ton of BS gets posted here daily that has nothing to do with vehicles or repair. Some of the stuff that's posted on here is illegal but its still on here.

If someone on here is dumb enough to really do what I said that's their own fault. I for one would goto my local hardware store and buy cable clips that screw in, I think the last time I bought those they were like $4-6 for like 20 of them and would solve the problem and avoid the huge dealer markup on an unnecessary truck bed LOL.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals