So I was going to drive it a couple months get a good feel for how it runs. Then continue with building the suspension and doing any more modifications. Remember this truck was sitting out in a field for years when I got it. I drove it around the past several days and now I have no power steering, no brake lights or highbeams. Horn isn't working either. So a few minor setbacks I have to work on before I get it on the road.
Bag Brackets welded in on passengers side and the tie rod notch welded on. There was a big hole in the frame above the tie rod notch so I cut and welded a plate above to strengthen it. Radius arms are relocated above the frame rail with new bushings. Not exactly sure what im gonna do on the brake line just yet. Sprayed everything with a coat of black paint for now to keep it from rusting. Had to remove the factory air box for clearance so i have to buy or make a cold air intake. Have to adapt maf sensor to the new intake.
Had to pull the factory intake for tire clearance. Had a universal cold air kit on a shelve tucked away. I had to make an adapter so the maf sensor would work with the intake. Cut some pieces and welded it up. I put rtv around the weld just to make sure it was sealed good not pulling air through any possible little void. Not the prettiest, but it works and really wont be seen anyway. I will try and get a pic with the whole intake on there soon.
I like how it turned out. But it is the first and last time I will ever put air suspension on an I beam truck. Not worth all the time it took. I think clipping the frame is a much better idea in the long run.........
Just a few pics of it as is out of the shop for the first time. Had to make room in the shop to paint a truck so thought I would take a few pics while this one was out in the daylight again. A work in progress for sure, but it has come a long way.