• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Independent to dana 30 swap

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You need more than just coils, you have to have radius arm drop brackets, beam drop brackets, drop pitman arm, and new shocks and coils. That should be all, if someone thinks of somthing else pls chime in

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I will say I put so far $1300 into my truck total for the lift and SAS, axl was free. Using stock steering linkage and didnt have to buy a drop pitman arm. The costly part and was my saftey factor was my long arms,didnt got chap on them, they costed me over $600 and are worth it.

I dont recommend going from D35 TTB to D30 SAS, its a downgrade but I had a worn out D28 that had to go and my D30 was put in my lap and thought, why not.

If you really want to go SAS, go to a D44 either narrow one (high pinion) or go EB (low pinion) or go full width but then you will have to go full width in the rear. But going D44 means your lug size will change.

Theres alot to consider when doing something like this. I did a year of research before I did my SAS, making sure that I didnt miss a thing. Took me 3 weeks from start to finish on my SAS alone working on it 5 hours a day. My rear took 3 days. I knew what I ned and what I wanted when doing this. I will say the shocks total on the truck costed me around $200.

But what matters the most is what you plan to do with your truck, that determines what you will need to do and what set-up to go with.

Lift

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im not goint to do this until july or so but im trying to do my research on it. What i plan on using the lift for is: Hunting / Light trails but i still want a decent clearance, then looks i love the look of a lifted truck :) I have 100% respect for you guys and what you do to your trucks. I hope some day when i become a better mechanic that i will be able to fabricate as good as some of you. First thing im going to do is buy a lvling kit. This will be done SOON. Then a 3inch body lift. now for all you body lift haters body lifts do make it look a little lifted and give you more tire clearance. So thats a baby step. Then i would like to do a 6inch lift. Thats a total of 9" BUT of course its going to loook a lot more then that. Then depending on what tires i get will deter man that. Im really excepted to do this and i want to do it right now but i just can't i dont have the money right now and the know how. Me and my father both have been doing a lot of research. I'll update you guys on my truck when i get working on it.

Lift

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You need more than just coils, you have to have radius arm drop brackets, beam drop brackets, drop pitman arm, and new shocks and coils. That should be all, if someone thinks of somthing else pls chime in
I found some nice procomp shock for about 25 a pop the got really got reviews too. Also I read that depending on how the lift i might not have to buy a pitman arm. now the beam drop brackets whats that one. BTW im sticking with ttb thanks for helping me with that guys =).

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I found some nice procomp shock for about 25 a pop the got really got reviews too. Also I read that depending on how the lift i might not have to buy a pitman arm. now the beam drop brackets whats that one. BTW im sticking with ttb thanks for helping me with that guys =).
two words for shocks, NITRO SHOCKS, doesnt matter what brand, just dont get the cheap crap that is junk the first time u got wheeling

Lift

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok thanks i will keep that in mind.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
i thought willys axles and most jeep axles up until the yj were pass drop anyways? i know there were some drivers drop waggy axles but other then that most of them are pass drop.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
remember if you go over 2 inches you will need all of the things I listed

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals