• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ima bout reddy to murder my truck

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
:flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::sorrysign:ok to day it was a nice ****ing 120 outside and my ****ing pos ford ranger would not sot ****ing vapor locking to save its life I'm soooo ****ing done with that it took me ****ing 4 hours to get home and i live less than 10 miles away I'm gonna kill my god dam truck its the most worthless feeling when u cant go anywhere because your gas is boiling i mus ta vented at least 2 dam gallons through the schrader valve on the fuel rail burnt my hand and fingers from the hot gass then it caught fire with the engine off and i was contemplating just letting it burn but i put it out with some poweraid why the **** cant i just have a reliable piece of machinery that ****ing works everytime all the time fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk i don't mob my truck like the other kids do and yet I'm always the one with problems:sorrysign::temper::temper::mad::mad::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

Last edited:

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
my momma sid there'd be days like this........the fact that the power-ade put out the fire must be a sign!!!!!!!

that's all I got....

Blueranger99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6, k&n box filter- this thing sucks... air
Transmission
Manual
how the hell was your gas boiling? was it the heat or what? that sucks dude! i almost lit my chevy silverado and danced around it. brake probs- front cal locked up and cause my fluid to boil which caused a valve check in the line- locked up the brakes and was smokin goin down the highway. then had the line goin to the rear rust through, then both rear wheel cylinders blow out. didnt happen all on the same day or i wouldve torched it! :flipoff: chevy

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well i wraped bacicly my whole last 4 feet of fuel line in alm. foil we will see if that helps i was just venting

Roadkill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3l turbo
Transmission
Automatic
That really sucks. There should be no way that the fuel line is getting hot enough with everything stock to do that so much.

Any chance the line has come free somewhere and is sitting closer to the exhaust? Maybe some heat shields missing.
Hope your day gets better now.

abrush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Unfortanetly I know the feeling!! I just keep telling myself that it is still better than making payments on a newer vehicle since I don't owe a dime on it. At least if anything, hopefully you can look back and laugh at the situation.

On another note, I would check your gas lines as someone already suggested. Make sure they aren't laying on an exhaust manifold or something that gets really hot.

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well Tin Foil Didnt Work And Nether Did Taking The Hood Off

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Howdy Ranger1

Vapor lock on modern engines is a rare happening. Why not give us a few particulars about when and where this happens and what the results are. You are more likely to have another problem than you are to have vapor lock on that engine.
Big JIm :wub::hottubfun:

Kona

06/2014 OTOTM Winner
Canada Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
ASE Certified Tech
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
7"
Tire Size
35x12.50x15
fuel return system clogged?

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
my 2.9 had the same exact issue, same way to fix it too, couldnt resolve it to save my life. turned out the intank pump died.

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
picked up a 96 intake today =] the upper plem had cali emissions yuck so i passed on that =] and scored on the injections to =] right now I'm having some sticker shock on the price of intake gaskets all i need is the intake to head gaskets and valve cover gaskets so if got some let me know or if u know where to get some for chepo let me kno too lol does the plastic plenum add a power over alm and witch would u prefer i also droped a injectior and crackes the little plastic cone surrounding the fuel out end so someone should give me one ill even pay for postage all 50cents of it lmao thanks for all the help

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
guesss what folks it still vaporlocks even with the new lower intake and spacer i think im gonna run the plastic plenum and run another spacer from the fuelrail to the plenum

tdog

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l (1996 drivetrain)
Transmission
Automatic
me thinks u need to check your tank unit, i doubt it is boiling , sounds like it is just picking up air! my 2 cents.

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
no cause it runs fine in he mornings

tdog

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l (1996 drivetrain)
Transmission
Automatic
then, check your fuel pressure, low fuel pressures have a tendancy to cause vapor issues. Newer ford models monitor fuel temperatures and raise the fuel pressures when temperatures rise. your ride may be running fine but may still have a pressure issue.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals