• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Im back

Rallyranger01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys. I was a member here at one time but I couldn't remember my login info. I have had several different RBV projects over the years. I now own my dad's 2001 ranger he bought new. She had just shy of 280k on her and still kicking hard. This has been an absolutely reliable truck. I have been racing sport rallycross in the Northwest Rally Association for a few years now. I ran a 99 subaru legacy gt for the first 2 years and then I got this ranger from my dad and decided to try a Rwd class. I was only able to go to a few races last year but I did pretty good with 2 2nd place finishes and a 4th place finish. I have big plans for making this ranger or another one into a very good race truck for rally cross. There is just some stuff I need to learn about before diving into this project. I kinda want to keep this truck close to stock and use it as a daily because it has sentimental value. I might get another one to build. It's good to be back here and I hope I can learn some more.

Attachments

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome back! That's one bad ass Ranger!

Rallyranger01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man. It's pretty close to stock right now. I did a shackle flip in the back to level it out and some james duff traction bars. It has cheap procomp shocks all the way around and some Chinese mud terrains. I still have the 7.5 out back but I welded it for rally cross. Other than that I just deleted the cat and put a magnaflow copy on it. The bed is red because the truck got rear ended when my dad owned it and I got the red bed for free from my brother. The drivers seat was all worn out so I put a NRG racing seat in. It's pretty fun to rallycross this truck. It just needs a little more power. That's why I'm thinking about building another truck. I want to do a duratech 2.5 from a late model ford fusion with cams, intake, a full exhaust and a tune. Hoping to make 175 to 200 hp.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Thanks man. It's pretty close to stock right now. I did a shackle flip in the back to level it out and some james duff traction bars. It has cheap procomp shocks all the way around and some Chinese mud terrains. I still have the 7.5 out back but I welded it for rally cross. Other than that I just deleted the cat and put a magnaflow copy on it. The bed is red because the truck got rear ended when my dad owned it and I got the red bed for free from my brother. The drivers seat was all worn out so I put a NRG racing seat in. It's pretty fun to rallycross this truck. It just needs a little more power. That's why I'm thinking about building another truck. I want to do a duratech 2.5 from a late model ford fusion with cams, intake, a full exhaust and a tune. Hoping to make 175 to 200 hp.
I *think* you can run a 2.3 head on the 2.5 block for more squish.

Rallyranger01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I *think* you can run a 2.3 head on the 2.5 block for more squish.
That sounds like a good idea. I will probably just buy a ranger with a blown up duratec 2.3 and use it for all the parts needed to swap the 2.5 into it. I have been seeing a few rangers with blown up 2.3 duratecs for pretty cheap in my area.

MXGerry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck! Welcome back

DILLARD000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford
Make / Model
SportTracJob2
Engine Size
V6~4.0L~SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Welcome to the Herd!
Lots of friendly knowlegable folk in these forums.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals