• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

idea for extended cab sub box

Blacked-Out FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic

:icon_idea:this is my plan for using my extended cab seeing as tho the jump seats are hardly worth using...what do you guys think?:dntknw:

ranger92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Automatic
looks sweet i like it alot. Now lets see the real deal! :p

rj_conerly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 liter
Transmission
Automatic
i agree i wanna see it, but i got some things for you to think bout for it first.
do you have the right air space and if you port it and set the ports up to go in the middle and put some neons or leds shining out of the holes on to the amp that would look hot as can be.
also make sure the amp can get enough ventiation to the amp to make sure it doesnt over heat from the sun possibly shining in on it.
just some things to think bout before you build the box

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the amp will not overheat from the sun shining on it..and you dont need a wind tunnel for adequate ventilation. i have my 4channel in the pocket where the jump seats used to be and im pulling everything it has to offer and it has yet to overheat. yes, it gets so hot that you can barely touch it at times, but it hasnt ever gone into protect or shutoff on me.

kawasakikid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
looks pretty good! i sat on a bunch of sub box ideas before i finally came up with a legit one. i built a ported box for my 12mtx 7500 that fit into the hole that was previously occupied by the jumpseat on the driver side. that way i could still use one of the jumpseats and have a little room in the back. and the one 12 is just as punchy as dual tens. i could send you a pic or even specs if interested.

Last edited:

kfx400guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm planning on doing something just like you did. What was the cubic footage of the box? Could you possibly send me some pics or even specs if its not too much trouble?

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
im making a falsefloor to level out the back since that dang hunmp is back there....under it will be were a few fans and my amps will be mounted. sub box will span the entire length so i can keep it unde winsow line....subs will be forward port will be up.

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm planning on doing something just like you did. What was the cubic footage of the box? Could you possibly send me some pics or even specs if its not too much trouble?
who are you talking to?

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im making a falsefloor to level out the back since that dang hunmp is back there....under it will be were a few fans and my amps will be mounted. sub box will span the entire length so i can keep it unde winsow line....subs will be forward port will be up.
yeah you pretty much have to make a false floor..otherwise its a huge obstacle to work around

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals