• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I think the BUG bit me

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
My buddies are into drones and r/c planes. The amount of fiddling, options, parts, accessories and crap gives me anxiety. I saw a basement full of broken planes and scattered parts and shuddered. Thousands of dollars and hours wasted is what I saw.

I was way into all that when I was younger and had more time. I would hack into, customize and modify everything. Tear into my truck on a school night no problem. Go through my bike during sunset after a day of moto. I didn't even wake up early like I do now, there was just more hours in the day somehow. Also I had a lot less stuff to mess with.

Now I don't have time or motivation to do anything. Maybe the 50 hour minimum work week takes it out of me, but I am burnt out on hobbying, tinkering, fixing, repairing etc...I grudgingly do the bare minimum if something needs to be repaired or kept from needing repair. And that is a whole event nowadays, I will save it for when I have 2 days off, and will get only a few hours out of it if I'm lucky, after all the obligations and distractions sift through. And the days seem so short. I come from work, get halfway through a beer, and its already bed time. I have too little time, and too much stuff.

Now I kind of look for 2 things in my toys. Its gotta be fun enough and ready to go right out of the box, and should it need repair, parts are easily available. Or it is small and cheap enough to throw in the trash if/when it breaks.

What's the word for a male spinster? Maybe due being 40 years old and alone, starting a family is my true internal desire. I feel very unaccomplished not having a kid.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You sound like me and I don't even have a job anymore - the one benefit of being older.
I hear you on the RC stuff. Basement is full of obsolete electronics required to fly said RC planes and drones etc. I think I have 15 drones that are a timeline of the progression of their development, As for not having a kid -- meh --- we semi-adopted a young family with four of 'em. So we get em when we need em. You'll be back.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You sound like me and I don't even have a job anymore - the one benefit of being older.
I hear you on the RC stuff. Basement is full of obsolete electronics required to fly said RC planes and drones etc. I think I have 15 drones that are a timeline of the progression of their development, As for not having a kid -- meh --- we semi-adopted a young family with four of 'em. So we get em when we need em. You'll be back.
Work is my happy place. Only one toolbox, organized and labeled. Everything else I need at my disposal. I think that's why the one thing I don't mind doing at home is welding projects, probably because its autopilot cut and paste for me, and gives me some accomplishment. I'm currently way overbuilding a pergola ( and make a post w/ pics when done). I probably have about 7 more years of this before my body gives out. Hopefully more. I love my job.

I bought a DRZ400 dual sport, like the one I had as a college kid, and made it a grown up version. It brought me back a little bit, but I am still putting off things I want or need to do it (and riding it), due to life.

I got a few "nephews and nieces" both two and four legged....they charm me. Oh and some chickens. I love my chickens.

Its not just the R/C stuff... I got lots of buddies into many hobbies, and they all have tremendous amounts of crap related to it, and usually missing something that renders it useless. And I am no different lol.

I think the trick is getting good at tossing stuff, or selling it second hand (or donate). As a college kid, I was adamant about getting rid of stuff on fleabay and craigslist, mostly due to lack of space and money....now I just have no time, and lots of crap lol.

I have gotten better at throwing stuff away. The sound of it hitting the trash can is liberating. I need to get back into selling and donating more.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
My buddies are into drones and r/c planes. The amount of fiddling, options, parts, accessories and crap gives me anxiety. I saw a basement full of broken planes and scattered parts and shuddered. Thousands of dollars and hours wasted is what I saw.

I was way into all that when I was younger and had more time. I would hack into, customize and modify everything. Tear into my truck on a school night no problem. Go through my bike during sunset after a day of moto. I didn't even wake up early like I do now, there was just more hours in the day somehow. Also I had a lot less stuff to mess with.

Now I don't have time or motivation to do anything. Maybe the 50 hour minimum work week takes it out of me, but I am burnt out on hobbying, tinkering, fixing, repairing etc...I grudgingly do the bare minimum if something needs to be repaired or kept from needing repair. And that is a whole event nowadays, I will save it for when I have 2 days off, and will get only a few hours out of it if I'm lucky, after all the obligations and distractions sift through. And the days seem so short. I come from work, get halfway through a beer, and its already bed time. I have too little time, and too much stuff.

Now I kind of look for 2 things in my toys. Its gotta be fun enough and ready to go right out of the box, and should it need repair, parts are easily available. Or it is small and cheap enough to throw in the trash if/when it breaks.

What's the word for a male spinster? Maybe due being 40 years old and alone, starting a family is my true internal desire. I feel very unaccomplished not having a kid.
Im way older then you and have no kids.

Its my contribution to the world

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Fun fact for the eco-mentalists (not that there's any here).. the "greenest" thing a person can do for the earth is to not produce offspring.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So your saying that rusty is actually an eco terrorist?

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
So your saying that rusty is actually an eco terrorist?
Sounds like rustys last name might be Brady?

If that's the case then yes, his berries are toxic to the earth lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals