• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I think the BUG bit me

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
For Christmas, I got a Bezgar RC truck. I know it's not Top of the Line as far as RCs go, but this thing is fun. actual 4wd and loads of fun. I haven't had it for a week yet, but already want to "mod" it. I think I'm going to look into a more expensive one for the future, but for now, this will do. I follow a guy on IG, (ScalerFab) and his stuff is amazingly real looking. I think I want to go deep into this realm but have no idea what I'm getting into. a friend has a gas powered Lexus SC400, and that thing is cool, but a little more than I want to get into. I actually like the crawling over big obstacles and seeing what it will/won't do.
This is the one I have, I know it's a beginner's truck, and I cant wait to get more involved.

I haven't had this much fun off of $60 in a long time

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
Stick with electric and buy extra batts.
Battery tech is getting really good.
I've been into racing drones for the last couple of years. Before that it was long distance and camera platforms - all electric. Lately, the group I associate with has been moving into dirt burners for winter fun. Slap a camera on it and go to the beach for some FPV fun.
And yes, you are hooked.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I had a couple of Rc cars/buggies as a kid, Took 4 hours to charge the battery and 15 minutes to drain it. These batteries seem to last much longer. After reading some of the threads in this section, I have a long learning curve ahead. As a kid, to teach me how to swim, my grand dad threw me in the river and said " now swim". I've taken this approach to many things in life, this will be one of those events.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
I like the slash for a general platform....prices are down overall for the quality available.

The power/gas companies I am involved with have crazy capable drones. some ICE hybrid or backup powered. The level monitoring they provide in these mountain regions in regards to pipeline and power line protection is epic. As it trickles down it gets scary. Some can carry over 150 pounds.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
I wanted something simple, and recently got the grave digger freestyle force. It is 1/15 scale and all inclusive, as in built in battery, usb charging cable and 2 AAA batteries for the controller. It steers like a skid steer and has no suspension, but does cool wheelies and endos and donuts on 2 wheels. It is simple, durable and fun! It is always a hit at gatherings with the kids and adult kids. I keep it in the truck for whenever I need to kill a few mins. I think it was like $60 bucks off the fleabay...ended up buying two more as gifts after mine was loved so much. Money well spent.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I wanted something simple, and recently got the grave digger freestyle force. It is 1/15 scale and all inclusive, as in built in battery, usb charging cable and 2 AAA batteries for the controller. It steers like a skid steer and has no suspension, but does cool wheelies and endos and donuts on 2 wheels. It is simple, durable and fun! It is always a hit at gatherings with the kids and adult kids. I keep it in the truck for whenever I need to kill a few mins. I think it was like $60 bucks off the fleabay...ended up buying two more as gifts after mine was loved so much. Money well spent.

I was at my best bud's kid's birthday party and the guest of honor got one. After about 15 seconds of playing with his, I knew what I wanted for Christmas. I got the wife a 2wd buggy, and the 2 girls got smaller versions of mine. We ALL got RCs for Christmas lol.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I want this...

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Watch out... they can be very addictive. I’ve got one chassis that is all aluminum and titanium now. I have over $1000 into the chassis and I still don’t have a motor, electronics or body for it.
And that’s just one of the two dozen in my fleet.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo

The pic got fuzzy when I downsized it, but... That's the wife's buggy, front & Center, Mine is the big RED one, the girls got to pick, Yellow or Purple. I didn't know much about the "scale" and pretty sure I got 3 different scaled vehicles, lol. The blue buggy has a working light bar. Big Red has white lights on the front and red on the back for 'reverse'. All in I think I was under $200 for the lot. Pretty sure mine is a Ford F@(%in' Ranger, but it could also be "generic truck body".
The blue buggy has far more detail and the body doesn't detach where the other 3 are just plastic covers that are held on by teeny, tiny "R" clips, like hood latches. The smaller 2 have bottom load batteries, where I have to remove the body to replace the batteries on Big Red.

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
That’s the way it starts.
First you get the toys, then you start buying and modifying hobby grade cars/trucks... finally you end up with random bodies from toys, that you plan on building a scaler out of.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Does anybody here know the "ScalerFab" guy on Instagram. I think he recently changed to "The Scale trail" or something like that? He's got some nice rigs. Clearly out of my price range ( for now ) but neat to look at and watch

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
That's what I wanted to avoid, getting all into it and spending time hobbying out on it...I just wanted a mindless thing that could not be customized, upgraded or modded, so I would not be tempted to. Don't tell the commies lol

snoranger

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
That's what I wanted to avoid, getting all into it and spending time hobbying out on it...I just wanted a mindless thing that could not be customized, upgraded or modded, so I would not be tempted to. Don't tell the commies lol
What’s the point in owning it if you don’t modify it?!?!

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Enjoying it working instead of working on it

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
My buddies are into drones and r/c planes. The amount of fiddling, options, parts, accessories and crap gives me anxiety. I saw a basement full of broken planes and scattered parts and shuddered. Thousands of dollars and hours wasted is what I saw.

I was way into all that when I was younger and had more time. I would hack into, customize and modify everything. Tear into my truck on a school night no problem. Go through my bike during sunset after a day of moto. I didn't even wake up early like I do now, there was just more hours in the day somehow. Also I had a lot less stuff to mess with.

Now I don't have time or motivation to do anything. Maybe the 50 hour minimum work week takes it out of me, but I am burnt out on hobbying, tinkering, fixing, repairing etc...I grudgingly do the bare minimum if something needs to be repaired or kept from needing repair. And that is a whole event nowadays, I will save it for when I have 2 days off, and will get only a few hours out of it if I'm lucky, after all the obligations and distractions sift through. And the days seem so short. I come from work, get halfway through a beer, and its already bed time. I have too little time, and too much stuff.

Now I kind of look for 2 things in my toys. Its gotta be fun enough and ready to go right out of the box, and should it need repair, parts are easily available. Or it is small and cheap enough to throw in the trash if/when it breaks.

What's the word for a male spinster? Maybe due being 40 years old and alone, starting a family is my true internal desire. I feel very unaccomplished not having a kid.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals