• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I bought a new gun!!! yaaaaaaay

xkotyx

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
wow thats a nice gun man! ive got two shotguns but ones an antique so i dont care for shooting it, and another. for the past couple months ive been eyeing ones just like that. im really wanting one

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
thanks koty. i cant have an antique gun, i'd have to shoot it eventually.

i'm trying to line up some trigger time with this new ASAP, hopefully this weekend

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
There's a range not even 10 minutes from my house. It's owned and operated by Fort Bragg but it's open to the public.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that's a sweet gun. i thought about getting the wood stock, but decided i may want a pistol grip at some point. no need in paying extra for the wood if i'm gonna get rid of it.

the quality issue with remington 700's is a load of crap. i dont know who decided to start the rumor, but it aint true. all of the accidents that have happened with them are because people are mishandling the guns.

i've owned 2 model 700's, sold one, still have the other. got the first one in 2002, combined i probably shot 3000 rounds through them, no problems.

the marine corps would not continue to use them if they were unsafe. they're in constant use in iraq and afghanistan, one is probably being fired as i type this and have you heard of any problems?
Actually since I just got a new Marlin 336 I have joined a Marlin board, come to find out they bought out Marlin and promptly killed both the age old North Haven Marlin plant and the H&R Gardner plant, canned the employees of both and moved production to the Ilion NY Remington plant. They have been bucking quality issues since, very stupid and simple issues like not being able to cycle a round out of the box, sights on crooked, buggered screw heads... all around crap that underscores and highlights very poor quality control. Especially on the Marlins (AKA Remlins now) they have caught a TON of rightfully thrown crap. Must not be a lot to screw up on a single shot gun because there isn't much flack out there on the H&R's.

And they have also just recalled Hornet ammo for being undercharged and the Versa Max shotguns for out of spec hammers. I have never been around a 700 at all but have heard arguements both ways on them... I vote neutral on that issue. Everything else going on though just kinda makes one wonder about the future of the company :icon_confused:

Thanks for the compliment, I love the stupid thing and just have a hard time coming up with a reason to replace it aside from the ribbing I get for shooting a little gun (that my 6'-3" self makes look like a toy)

Last edited:

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
im a what IF kind of guy and i like to be prepared for anything... my wife on the other hand is the type of sheltered girl that applies "that will never happen.. that doesn't happen here" to everything. it infuriates me sometimes.

one time she took a 1000mile round trip with little notice and only taking enough money for gas.... an hour after she got back the car wouldn't start. i would have been pissed if i had to go rescue her.

anyways she doesn't want weapons cause she doesn't feel safe with them... not even a baseball bat WTF so i ask her if she'd rather just be the victim in a confrontation and then i remind her of the story of that doctor that had his family raped and killed while they were all home. it could happen
I don't ask. I just buy them. I don't make her justify her purchases, I don't need to ask about mine. Been working like this for 15+ years...

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Actually since I just got a new Marlin 336 I have joined a Marlin board, come to find out they bought out Marlin and promptly killed both the age old North Haven Marlin plant and the H&R Gardner plant, canned the employees of both and moved production to the Ilion NY Remington plant. They have been bucking quality issues since, very stupid and simple issues like not being able to cycle a round out of the box, sights on crooked, buggered screw heads... all around crap that underscores and highlights very poor quality control. Especially on the Marlins (AKA Remlins now) they have caught a TON of rightfully thrown crap. Must not be a lot to screw up on a single shot gun because there isn't much flack out there on the H&R's.

thanks for the info, i didnt know that. i've actually got an old marlin .22 that i inherited from my brother. he moved to new orleans and left it in my gun safe. i've gotta work on it tho, it wont cycle any rounds. not sure what's going on. i'm not saying remington is perfect either. just my experiences and opinions on the supposed 700 trigger issue.

And they have also just recalled Hornet ammo for being undercharged and the Versa Max shotguns for out of spec hammers. I have never been around a 700 at all but have heard arguements both ways on them... I vote neutral on that issue. Everything else going on though just kinda makes one wonder about the future of the company :icon_confused:

i wonder about it as well. but i think as long as the marine corps, law enforcement agencies and other outfits are using them, they'll still be around and have a loyal following. maybe all this flack will cause them to change some stuff around.

Thanks for the compliment, I love the stupid thing and just have a hard time coming up with a reason to replace it aside from the ribbing I get for shooting a little gun (that my 6'-3" self makes look like a toy)

a .22 is a little gun, a .410 is a little gun. a 20 gauge will turn guts into mush just like a 12 gauge. i'm 6-5, so the mossberg fits me perfect.
i did both of these with my remington 700p, straight out of the box @ 119 yards (laser ranged it) with a $13 box of federal hunting bullets. until my remington gives me reasons otherwise, i'll always trust them.

i've posted him before, but here's an updated pic

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a .22 is a little gun, a .410 is a little gun. a 20 gauge will turn guts into mush just like a 12 gauge. i'm 6-5, so the mossberg fits me perfect.
Bantum = youth.

Compare where my slide is and how long the stock is to your normal gun...

And +1 to the guts to mush thing, a shot in the boiler room = meat on the table.

Last edited:

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I like 4-10s and i shoot a couple hundred rounds in my highly modified 10/22 a week, it wouldn't scare me one bit to have one for personal defense..... it just means i don't kill my neighbors or children sleeping in the next room after the bullet or 50lbs of shot turns the intruder into manwhich.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
And +1 to the guts to mush thing, a shot in the boiler room = meat on the table.
lol

I like 4-10s and i shoot a couple hundred rounds in my highly modified 10/22 a week, it wouldn't scare me one bit to have one for personal defense..... it just means i don't kill my neighbors or children sleeping in the next room after the bullet or 50lbs of shot turns the intruder into manwhich.
i like .410's as well, as soon as i have an AR, my C.C. and a pistol, i'd like to have one.

i have a savage .22 that i shoot the crap out of myself. it's probably my favorite gun overall. i love my 700P, but some of my match bullets are $1.50 apiece. i'd like a 10/22 one day as well, those things are like AR's with all the accessories you can get for them. not bad for a home defense gun, but you've got to have good shot placement to stop an intruder with one. our apartment is laid out so that we dont have any neighbors, so i'm not worried about shooting anyone other than the intruder.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you guys have the time, this guy does a pretty good job explaining the duracoat. He's got some other videos on it but the camo that missionspec turns out is just beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHYq2q0RJss

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
excellent video topher, thanks for posting it. i am confident i'll have my ratchet set duracoated before it's all said and done lol. i didnt even know they made DC in high temp either, that's awesome.

the only bad thing about it, is that it is kind of expensive. it averages about $17 per color depending where on the interwebz you're looking. if you dont have an air brush kit, it can get pricey to do a 3 color camo pattern. but like i said, it's cheaper (and faster) than taking it somewhere to have it done.

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
you've got a good one there
Very nearly bought a Bushmaster this weekend. Patrol model in .223. I was groping it at Bass Pro in Nashville, she walks up and says, "what kind?" I told her, she said "if that's a good deal, go ahead. I'll be in women's apparel." And off she went.

Couldn't make up my mind, so it'll wait 'til my next trip home, I reckon.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals