• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How to find a Fuel leak?

289-tiger-

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
first of all the only thing holding those lines on is a plastic clip, and second name one heat source remotely close to the fuel filter. I had an old on that leaked and a little o-ring sure as shit did solve the problem. and I said replace it to begin with. look on this site and you'll see alot of people who've had a 10 dollar fuel filter be the problem. Alothough "stuff" probably was bad wording. haha. I "slid" one on the filter till it hit the hump.
Respectfully, I will name a heat source near the filter, it is the engine and exhaust system. 40 psi+ and a small leak could be an issue (where it squirts and how hot the surface the squirt gets to is fate) I have seen many vehicles burn, but in order to keep it into Ranger classification while trying to help a motorist with a 90-92 Ranger burning from the driver front wheelwell in 1995 in Gainesville Virginia, the couple of minutes/seconds it took to turn around, call react on the CB and try to unstrap an extinguisher only resulted in myself and the owner watching his vehicle burn to the ground.

Good luck

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
ok in that case we should haul the gas tank in a trailer behind the truck since it sits about 6 inches from the exhaust system.... sounds dangerous. The only fires i've ever seen were from someone purposely lighting a car on fire or from something flamable dripping onto the exhaust , and my truck actually caught fire one time when a caliper locked up.... dirt put it out in about 3 seconds. Also one time my friends 95 f-150's alternator wireing caught on fire. The first 2 could be considered neglegance, and the last 2 are FACTORY equiptment failure.. And if you think "not tampering with stock equiptment" is going to save you... why is there a fuel leak to begin with?

Last edited:

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
Anyways none of this is helping the guy find his fuel leak. If you want to rip my head off for sharing some of my experiences maybe you should just PM me.

jv982

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the ideas. I am going to give it another go tomorrow. Hopefully it will be leaking so that I can find it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals