• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How many teeth??

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
need a quick answer so I can order parts. I need to replace my clutch but since I have to do it at work after all stores are closed I have to buy a new flywheel instaed of having it turned.

My question is how many teeth does the flywheel in a '03 4.0L with the M5OD have? several places show two options, either a 700 tooth or a 900 tooth. So which do I get?

Thanks (in advance) for the help guys.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
That's a heck of a lot of teeth, neither sounds right to me.

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Argh, I thought this was going to be a "lets make fun of the hillbilly" thread;missingteeth;

Sorry I'm no help.

-Jester

shadetree

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Explorer Sport
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yep, too many teeth. Why don't you count the old one???:)shady

rjppunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
that sounded like the opening of a redneck joke

cocoasranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Get to another parts store where they know what they are talking about. Or you could buy the 900 tooth flywheel and knock off 200 teeth with a hammer and chisel if it turns out to be the wrong one.

ChesterSPL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just call the stealership and ask, they could tell you based off of vin number.

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Should be 138 teeth.

souldoubt88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
TOOTHLESS WONDERS

Two buddies are on their way to the U.S. Army Induction Center for physicals. Neither wants to go to war, so one says, "I hear that if you don't have any teeth they won't take you."

They decide it's worth a try, so they stop at a Dentist and have all their teeth pulled.

When they arrive at the Induction Center there is a line waiting to get physicals. They decide it might look fishy if both stand in line, one after the other, so one guy heads for the back of the line. Just as he steps into line, a big ole farm boy hits the end of the line right in front of him, so the second toothless guy lines up behind him.

The first toothless guy steps up and the doctor asks, "Anything wrong with you?"

The guy says, "Well, no, except I don't have any teeth."

The doctor says, "Open up and let me have a look."

The guy opens his mouth and the doctor runs his finger around his gums and says, "Sure enuff, you stand over there."

The line slowly progressed to his buddy while he waited. The farm boy in front of him steps up and the doctor asks, "Anything wrong with you?"

The farm boy says, "No doc, 'ceptin I have a little case of the piles."

The doctor says, "Bend over, spread 'em and let me see."

The boy does. The doctor rams his finger in, pulls it out, looks at his finger and says, "Sure 'enuff. You stand over there."

The next toothless guy steps up and when the doctor asks him, "Anything wrong with you?"

After watching what happened to the farm boy, he bellows, "Not a damn thing ... just give me the gun!!"

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
first off thank you to sunk for the only actual reply that does me any good what so ever.

secondly to others that posted suggestions, please go back and reread my original post. as stated I will be doing the fix at work (I will add to clearify, on sunday night) after all stores are closed I can't just have it turned. also it is rather difficult to count the teeth when I can't even see them thru the 2"x3" "inspection" hole. Also I don't have a second vehicle to be driving to pull the whole thing apart to be counting teeth.

shadetree

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Explorer Sport
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
first off thank you to sunk for the only actual reply that does me any good what so ever.

secondly to others that posted suggestions, please go back and reread my original post. as stated I will be doing the fix at work (I will add to clearify, on sunday night) after all stores are closed I can't just have it turned. also it is rather difficult to count the teeth when I can't even see them thru the 2"x3" "inspection" hole. Also I don't have a second vehicle to be driving to pull the whole thing apart to be counting teeth.
I assumed you had the trans out of the vehicle as you didn't state otherwise..

I would have removed the starter, and counted them myself. Much quicker than waiting on a answer on the net.

You don't always have to have the flywheel turned. There are several reasons why you shouldn't.:)shady

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals