• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help with the big decision...

moges

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I have a stock 98 XLT 2WD ranger and i have decided that i want to convert it to a pre-runner. i just recently got a job at a fab shop and i was considering building new control arms for the front end. i have also thought about just buying something like a total chaos kit for it and not worrying about it. has anyone built some for theirs, and if so, where could i find some more info about the geometry of the upper control arms so i can draw up some accurate plans. i have a basic concept but i'm a little stuck with the process. any help would be great!!

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the forum. I can't help you much with your actual question as I am still learning all the conceptual idiosyncrasies of the TTB. But you will find that there are basically two groups on here. The ones that buy everything and bolt it on and the ones that make everything and know it is what they want. I am one of the guys that enjoys making most things simply because I like the challenge. There are several guys on here that are great with suspension mods. I am sure one of them will be willing to help you or at least get you pointed in the right direction. By the way.... Did you take the time to look through the Tech Library? What you need may already be in there. Plus hit the search feature and you may get surprised at the amount of information that is already buried deep in the older posts.

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/index.php

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals