• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello im the new guy!

TMNTmastrsplinter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everyone,
I am new today to the site and forum, and its already been extremely helpful. Ive driven a 1999 Ranger 4x4 for 5 years now. I love my "Red Dragon". Ive done basic work on her over the years such as: Wheel and tire changes, Tire rotations, oil and filter changes, air filter changes, coolant flushes, break pad and rotor replacement. Things of that sort. She's a great daily driver with no major problems until a few weeks ago. I got some new tires on and went to have the Red Dragon aligned and they told me i was in need of new upper and lower ball joints, and it was going to cost over $900, which im told is a pretty good price. Me, being the tight wad i am, decided, after some brief internet research, that i could take on the task my self. So 6 hours of slow moving work later here i am. The help guides on this site and have been extremely informing but i am in need of further assistance. Please check out my thread under the steering forum. I believe i labeled it 1999 ford ranger ball joint help. Thanks
Casey Travis

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Whats up ninja turtle, hope you brought pizza for everybody!

Welcome to TRS dude. You will find alot of useful info on this site trust me. As to your problem kennykenny had a great idea he posted on your thread I've used that method many a time. You could also try giving the top of the head a good smack with a hammer (not He-man hard), or even a little heat might do it, heat gun will work, torch is better just be CAREFUL around the cv boots, brake lines, etc. Good Luck!

TMNTmastrsplinter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
gjm4l,
HAHA, no im to broke to bring pizza for everyone, but if u need some karate lessons im ur man!
Yea im kicking my self, a great ninja skill, for not even thinking to try the method kennykenny suggested. My dad, my automotive diy mentor, showed me that years ago and i guess i was just a bit to frustrated to think to try it. You are absolutely correct about this site/forum. Already, it has been extremely helpful and informative. Im extremely greatful resources like this are available to the every day automotive DIYer like myself. Thanks
Casey

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals