• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

headlight switch

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Could someone shine some light on my problem? the bulb in my headlight switch has quit working, can the bulb be replaced or do i need to grab a different switch from the pic/n/pull? never had that apart before so i have no idea on what bulb it may take..or how it comes apart. any help would greatly be appreciated.:icon_cheers:

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
The light is replaceable. It is a small light on a pedestal that is removed from the back with a screwdriver. The bulb number escapes me right now.

You have to get at the switch by taking apart the dash as if you are replacing the instrument bulbs behind the speedometer.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks srteach, now hopefully advance auto has the listing on bulb size so i don't have to tear the dash apart and drive the 11 miles with crap tore apart for a $2 bulb (I just talked to someone at the parts counter and they don't have a listing for the bulb so hopefully someone can tell me before I'm forced to tear it apart )

Last edited:

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i guess from reading on other ranger based websites the light is only replaceable if you build one from an led bulb or replace the whole switch. can someone chime in and confirm this .. if so I'll just hit the pic/n/pull and grab a couple in case my luck i get one that's fried like mine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals