• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

header question

Jmazda94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a 94' b4000. I have an exhaust leak near the manifold and i just want to replace it with headers. I don't want a duel system, and a im thinking about getting a used pair of jba's, but was asked why i would want headers if im not going to run a duel system. I am now questioning myself, does it make sense to have headers on a single pipe system?

infantry grunt

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Manual
i dont see anything wrong with running headers with any exhaust system,but thats just my opinon.sounds like who ever said you have to run duals if you install headers has their own opinion too.unless you are wanting headers for performance you might want to atleast consider an after market muffler to allow your engine to breathe more,if thats the case you may want to upgrade your intake,or air filter too.

explodan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
we just finished doing heads on my sons truck a couple months ago,(leaking), and at that time we installed a set of headers,not sure who made them,got from another member about a year ago, but if you can install them i would because it helps the engine breathe a litle better so it gets better mileage,a little more power,and a little bit more throaty exh note. plus his exh is all stock for now but we will have to change it soon

ps just my opinion thanks
dan

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
IMO headers help the flow of exhaust out of the engine. Even if it's going into a single pipe it should still help.

Richard

Jmazda94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well i bought em, so now i have to find a good muffler and pipe..any suggestions? Nothing to pricey.

TheCookieMonster85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Mazda
Engine Size
1.1L Rotary/3L V6
Transmission
Manual
Well i bought em, so now i have to find a good muffler and pipe..any suggestions? Nothing to pricey.
i can suggest removing the dual cats (if u have that system) and replacing it wth a single magnaflow cat (specified by magnaflow by application (bought on amazon for a good price)) and a magnaflow muffler (same design and length as yours for easy fitment but with a .5 inch bigger inlet/outlet (bought on amazon for good price)) alot more flow and sounds beautiful :)

TheCookieMonster85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Mazda
Engine Size
1.1L Rotary/3L V6
Transmission
Manual
oops..forgot to add that you can keep your tailpipe the same size, youll just need adapters..this way you wont have to find/buy/make another 20 bend tailpipe

Jmazda94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
that is a good idea, i like the magnaflow muffler. I am considering buying a duel system from a guy. Its a true duel, comes with 2 cats, custom bent pipes, 2 lawson mufflers, and new end caps for 250. its a 2.25 ID witch is what i was looking for. Didn't really want to go duel but with headers and this deal im considering it..still not sure what is best.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals