• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

got my 35's on finally

95offroadx

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
yea you need wider fiber fenders.. your tires stick out way to far for my taste

i put 33's on my stock 03 4x4 ranger, it had a 4.0sohc, your truck must be slower then a turtle

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Use a cutoff wheel to cut your fenders, I've done jigsaw sazall and cutoff wheel, defiantly like the cutoff wheel best and also do little cuts in the fender an inch or so long to fold in for a lip.
im getting 35s on my lifted 2wd, and just cut a set of front fenders for the extra clearence. a rolled edge would look really clean. so every inch make a little cut or make the cuts an inch long? have any pics of this?

heres how mine turned out with a cutoff wheel

op- truck looks good but def not smart to run that on all stock stuff.. just my .02

Last edited:

Kyle G

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
yea you need wider fiber fenders.. your tires stick out way to far for my taste

i put 33's on my stock 03 4x4 ranger, it had a 4.0sohc, your truck must be slower then a turtle
actually ive only noticed a slight difference when on the highway, but other than that its not that bad, i think ppl just over react esp. when it comes to ride quality lol if i wanted a caddy i wouldve bought one, but before the 35's i had 31's so that might be why i only feel a small difference

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Definitely get some fibreglass fenders. Would look so awesome.

n_bannerman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im getting 35s on my lifted 2wd, and just cut a set of front fenders for the extra clearence. a rolled edge would look really clean. so every inch make a little cut or make the cuts an inch long? have any pics of this?

heres how mine turned out with a cutoff wheel

op- truck looks good but def not smart to run that on all stock stuff.. just my .02
I cut and folded in about every inche and folded it all the way up against the backside of the sheet metal, will try to upload some pictures in my build thread here tonight. Helps give the fender some strength and to keep from destroying your tires on the edge of the fenders.

n_bannerman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just found a pic of how I did my rear fenders in my build thread, need to finish my new front fenders and get pictures of them posted.

n_bannerman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Her is how I did my new fronts.
Started by taping the fender up with the top edge of the tape being there the new edge of the fender will be. Trim along the bottom edge,

Then cut stripes going from the edge you just cut to the where you want to fold the new edge at.

Now the finished product.

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I cut and rolled mine pretty much the same way as n_bannerman

I first taped em off in the radius I wanted, then cut with plasma (just try not to catch your fender on fire).
Once I did that I had a piece of masking tape on the lip to guide my bending, and I used a tool designed for bending sheet metal. When you bend the lip, try to only grip the next inch or so of the tab, so you don't end up with wrinkle marks between "grips", as well as bending only about 10* or so. continue this process over and over until the lip is bent as far around as you want.

This picture you can see the tool sitting on the leaf spring right next to the snips. the tab is only about half way through the bending

Here you can see the results of moving too quickly, and not taking time (wrinkles around the fender)

This fender I took a bit more time, and bent less at a time

and I was rewarded with less wrinkles in the fender.

As stated already by bannerman, rolling the fenders not only benefits you by not having a sharp edge to cut your finger and tire on, but also supports the fender so its not floppy

Kyle G

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
well here we go, fenders all cut, i cut em just above where the factory flares used to be..., and only thing modded as far as suspension was full torsion twist, and yes i can turn full lock no prob with these 35's, im pretty happy with how it turned out, heres some pics...

Attachments

Kyle G

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
only other thing i had to do was tuck the parking brake cable out of the way

dhkonrad

2013 Offroad TOTY
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2013 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Looking good!

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Looking real good!!!!!!

Kyle G

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
thanks guys, btw if anyone has dealt with dixon bros. racing could you let me know? i was about to order there long travel suspension kit:

http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/content/view/8/2/

price is a bit steep as how ill still have to buy coilovers but seems to be a perfect kit for where i want to go next as far as the build, if anyone has any input or ideas as far as best way to upgrade while keeping ifs let me know...
(also wondering if i can keep ifs and upgrade hubs to 5.50 pattern so i dont have to use adapters anymore)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dixon bros really hasn't been around. Heard a few people mention when they go to order no one answers the phone or something. And they don't have any cv shafts. So you'd have to get those custom made to keep your 4x4

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals