• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

GM CEO wants to raise your gas taxes!

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
We should have put GM to sleep, and not saved it. the only good cars they ever built are the '60's and early '70's. anyway.

in a capitalist country, if a business isnt making money...it goes out of business, why didnt the government bail out the used tire shop just down the road from me? or the car wash? or the supermarket? gm should have had to close its doors because they made bad business decisions. but now WE had to bail them out of their mess that they made!! really goes to show that the goverment and big businesses really dont give a rats ass about what they do with our money...

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/07/news/companies/gm_gas_tax_hike/

http://detnews.com/article/20110607/AUTO01/106070368/1148/rss25

Heh, now I've got something more to hold over my local GM lover friends. The bailout arugment was getting old, now GM provides me with more ammunition. :yahoo:

Anyway, all the more reason to keep driving Ford.
I hate GM even more now then ever...lol But, the oil prices are only going up due to the greedy stock market idiots.....hmmmmmm, lets take them out of thier million dollar plus plush homes and make them ride mountain bikes to work everyday in the hot summer and sweat it out like the rest of us commom folk due!!!!!

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Raise the price of gas at least $1 per gallon...

Yup, that will work well.

Force me to buy some fuel efficient econobox? Just how the @#$%^& am I supposed to fit 5 cubic yards of mulch in the back of a chevy cruze? Can I strap a bundle of 1/2" rebar on the roof (for those who don't know, a bundle of 1/2" rebar is 20' lengths and weighs just over 2,000 lbs)? What about hauling my lawn care equipment around? Or moving my skid steer loader?

Yup, just as I suspected.... an econobox doesn't cut it, I have to stick with my "gas hog" trucks.

Whats that? Just add a fuel surcharge or stop being so greedy?

Yea, that doesn't work. Fuel surcharges have driven up the cost of a lot of goods such as food and clothing which people more or less need. But paychecks haven't gone up a bit and people are fighting over fewer jobs. So when I go bid a job and want to charge more than last year to cover MY expenses, nobody wants to hear it, they want me to work cheaper. Because somehow by being a contractor I'm "gouging" people. A lot of people want to know my hourly rate or pay me by the hour now. If I give them a number high enough to cover my expenses, they think I'm trying to rip them off. And if I try to just give an overall job cost, they want an hourly figure.....

I tell them that if they are not a licensed contractor with business insurance, they have no business asking me for an hourly rate.

We need to stand up to these idiots running the country and tell them that enough is enough. Something has to change and increasing the taxes or debt ceiling is NOT the answer.

GM should have gone bankrupt. Then they could have tossed out the old union contracts and renegotiated. Or has everyone forgotten about the thousands of union workers that instead of losing their jobs when they were replaced by equipment now report daily to a GM warehouse where they spend the day finding ways to amuse themselves WHILE GETTING PAID! They don't do a thing to build new cars. Just have fun, punch a time clock, and get paid. With benefits and vacation and all.

Even if I could afford a new car, I wouldn't want to buy one. There is nothing currently being produced in the USA here that I would like to buy. I'll stick to my older stuff, thank you very much. The stuff that you don't need a mechanical engineering degree and $9,000,000 worth of special equipment just to tell you that the car is broken and it's time to buy a new one because the specialized widget that MIGHT be bad is not available anywhere. I'll take my old iron that I can practically rebuild from the ground up for $5,000 and a decent ratchet set.

/rant (for now)

DHEM

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
They just want people to buy their Volt lol

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
They just want people to buy their Volt lol
If I had a dollar for every one I seen on the road. Shit, I'd be broke.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals