• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Getting a little out of hand!

Simple_serf

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Diesel is about 4 here.

heating oil is around 3.75....We took advantage of some dude who was going from oil to propane and bought all of his old oil for 2.60/gal. for the evaporator. This is gonna be one expensive maple season (10 gallons/hr in the burner).

We looked into an alcohol permit..that's more trouble than it's worth..at least to do legally...Problem it that it's too easy, so fed, state, local governments have to put a stop to that. I'm still tinerking with producer gas though.... if you do dual fuel you can usually pass emissions....:icon_twisted:

camma83

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
THis big " "
Transmission
Manual
****!!!!!!!!!!! Maveric, damn you i am going down to eureka this weekend and i didn't need to see that........ Glad i am throwing my bike in the back of my truck. Thats one reason i left Eureka is that damn gas price is the highest in Cali what ever time of year it is. But hey if i buy a carton of camels i get 10cents off a gallon

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
damn you guys got some cheap smokes......gas prices is why my girlfriend and i picked up an 83 diesel:thefinger:ranger cuz we drive ALOT in the summer, and my parents are probaly going to be buying a house in florida so im gonna have to drive down there a few times a year for the hunting and fishing....

reno

Reaction score
Well this 100+ year old fossil fuel is crazy that we still use it today. We are more concerned about upgrading our tv's to HDTV than upgrading to a better fuel. Record profits means that fuel is overpriced at least by $2 a gallon. Something has to be done!!

truckman

Reaction score
This is why i love my little itty bitty 93 Tercel 35 to 38mpg on the high way 30 in the city

Its gonna kill me i'm in the process of purchasing a v10 ram damn. Finally got a big truck and all its going to do is sit in the yard.

But Thats what i got my zx-6 for 55mpg

Sorry to brag about all my high mpg vheicals

mudnsnow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L EFI
Transmission
Automatic
Here the odinary is about 1.18$/L(4.47$/Gallon) and in the news they said it will rise up to 1.40$/L(5.30$/Gal). They want to kill all the big displacement engine.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
66 miles for $3.35. Gotta love a 250 motorcycle. I'm also glad that work is only 7miles away and a 14mile round trip. But as gas prices for what they are. Wheres that EV Ranger that Ford did away with. Or how about a more action push from the gorvenment to how out. Like cheaper PV cells for consumers. An actually alternative fuel source, not just another hybrid.

88ranger2.95sp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ironically i'd like to get a diesel... let me explain myself..

the first diesel made back in the day ran on peanut oil. Diesel isn't gas, it's fuel (yes there is a difference..) it's not made from crude oil.. but anyways..

if anyone watch (ed) trucks when stacey david ran it (stupid question, i know) but he once made a truck, and his own fuel, for roughly 70 cents a gallon, using old vegetable oil that was filtered (ALOT) and mixed lye and some kind of other chemicals and no emissions, except for the smell of french fries...

it would drive me nuts.. i'd always be in the drive thru of BK..

or i'd like to get a little four cylinder five speed civic or sentra or somethin...

but i can't complain.

i get nearly 40MPG highway on my chrysler sebring.. not to brag..

They've got us by the balls gentlemen, brace for impact. This is just the beginning.

:black_eye::no2::bawling::buttkick::shok:

Rob

Defective

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Suppose to go up another .25-.30 cents within a couple weeks.
Wow, Cheap smokes there! I quite a couple years ago, and was paying over 6 bucks then. They've added some more taxes again here and I hear they are going to go up to 10 bucks by the time they are done!

Gas is about 3.299 for reg. here after going up 10c this morning.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Why are we still complaining? Bend over and take it in the ass!

Other ways to save is to buy in BULK, a nice 500 or 250 gallon fuel tank, and fill it up when prices are cheap for extra savings, you know the old farms did it that way, had a gravity tank on stilts.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dranger21, I tend to agree... However, people do A LOT of riding around for the fun of riding. I see massive traffic jams in Austin (TX) on the weekend, when no one is working (except me). At what point are people going to park it? I figure they're putting it on credit cards and will worry about it never. They learned this behavior from the government and their fiscal mismanagement. If everyone parked one day a week the supply would then be greater than the demand and prices would drop.

You can thank your left wing politicians/EPA for being part if not most of the problem. Won't allow any new refineries, and won't allow drilling for oil in Alaska... whats up with that?

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i would give my left nut to get my hands on an electric ranger...:fie:
an electric ranger uses fuel too, just not directly. You have to burn fuel to create electricty to charge the ranger.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Gas jumped to $3.45 a gallon here today.

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
Dammit!!! I'll never make any money now!!! 50 mile commute!! Why don't we just evacuate all the women/children from Iraq and then bomb the hell out of everyone/everything left, then build a #ucking pipeline directly to the ocean and convert some Army tankers and haul that $hit over HERE!!! This $hit pisses me off! All Americans are screaming for the government to do something, and they are all just picking their @ss and giving us measly tax rebates that will be enough to buy about 2.5 gallons of unleaded by the time we get it!!! Big deal!!! Stupid environmentalists are the only ones supporting these high prices, that is why the EPA is causing this crap! Screw them! The government isn't helping either, half of the price of fuel is dang taxes! Why don't they temporarily lift the fuel taxes just to help the average American/Canadian? That would help me more than anything! I could go and buy 1,000 gallons if it was cheaper for awhile and save a crapload! Saints preserve us!!

Solutions- my best idea is to car pool. I am going to start doing that this summer.

Oil companies and politicians: to quote someone on trs, Eat $hit and die!!! :buttkick::buttkick::buttkick::temper::temper:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Prices are up around 3.40 here. I dont expect that to last much longer though.
Stupid gas :temper:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals