• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

George

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
since I've decided to keep George, and he's been a part of the family for nearly two years now i figure i may as well start a build thread.

I'll warn you here and now, i have no major plans aside from a very slow (perhaps slower than project CHKNFKR) restoration and eventual 4x4 conversion. I would be surprised if this thread makes it to page 2 in the next year...

anywho, here's George:

He's a 2wd 5 speed 1995 F-250 supercab 7.3 powerstroke diesel.

He's taken me to to Estes Park, Co (and up a 12,000 foot mountain, the turnbacks were fun with the supercab) and back. He's taken me to Gatlinburg, TN and back. He's taken me to Oklahoma City and back. Looking back, i don't know how I ever even thought of selling him.

the day i bought him he got all new fluids, new bearings and seals on all 4 corners, new brakes on all 4 corners, new tres and bjs, new front springs, and 5 new tires. since then it's been routine maintenance with only 3 major exceptions:
1) the IDM went kaput and demanded replacement
2) the alternator went kaput and took out most of the wiring harness with it
3) the clutch pedal went soft and demanded a lot more attention than i ever thought it would.

most of that was pretty boring and didn't warrant any picture taking, but i did snag some pics of the slack in my clutch linkage

This

Plus this

Equals this

multiply that by the 5:1 pedal to clutch arm ratio and that accounted for the top inch and a half of useless pedal. since going through it all i now only have about a half inch of free pedal and full disengagement at about half pedal.

only issues i have right now are a leaking rear main seal, and an unknown loss of compression (i suspect bad rings) I would like to re-ring the engine, but as some have mentioned it's usually far more cost effective to drop in a crate than to rebuild. at present I can't afford either route, but i am saving a portion of every paycheck to go into George (and a portion to go into project CHKNFKR)

if everything goes according to plan this should be a very boring thread for at least a year, expect nothing more.

Last edited:

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I will post in this thread every day I am one here just so I can prove you wrong and make it to the next page:thefinger:

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I will post in this thread every day I am one here just so I can prove you wrong and make it to the next page:thefinger:
I'll help the cauz, for the effort to save such a sweet looking truck. good luck with your rebuilding and mods ..:icon_cheers:

jhammel85

I like the authorized vehicle sticker...lol

Nice truck though!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals