• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gauge Cluster LED's?

Broosedamoose

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31 x 10.5
My credo
Coming in second just makes you the first loser!
2007 Ranger, 4WD, Auto, 4.0L: Are there two different sizes of the bulbs in the gauge cluster? I did a search on here for 2007 Ranger gauge cluster bulbs but got nothing and on Google I'm finding T5 and T10. The lower left side of my tach is out and my high beam indicator bulb is out. I'd like to swap them all to LED's but I'm not positive what size to get.

Broosedamoose

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31 x 10.5
My credo
Coming in second just makes you the first loser!
WOW! 71 views and nobody knows what size bulb I need?

DILLARD000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford
Make / Model
SportTracJob2
Engine Size
V6~4.0L~SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I discovered the hard way that the instrument cluster bulbs in my 2011, which probably applies to your 2007 as well, are a "grain of wheat" bulb + base, the Toshiba V-2. On my truck they were made as a unit, as were the replacements I found online. The bulb could NOT be removed from the base. Some versions of the V-2 had removable bulbs, but not the ones on my truck, nor those I found for sale. I replaced all of mine with the same thing last year, but had to get replacements from eBay.

The 194 bulb is common on older Rangers and on other Fords (ask me how I know). It is probably NOT what your Ranger uses. I believe the change from the 194 (or similar) to the V-2 took place around 2006.

If I'm right about your truck, the LED you find will have to have the V-2 base. Some online sources say the base only is Toshiba T5, which is black, same color as the ones in my truck. (Other bases have other colors.) The separate bulb for this socket is TSD74, but it is noticeably larger than the "grain of wheat" bulb in mine. So you're looking at new T5 sockets + an LED equivalent of the TSD74, quantity 10 of both if you're replacing all the bulbs including the turn signal and high-beam indicators.

Be warned that the T5 sockets seem to be in short supply. They're a little pricier than you'd think too.

Right now, in my quick and dirty searches, I'm not sure anyone actually makes an LED replacement for the TSD74 bulb. The smaller LED replacements for minibulbs also are designed to light at the end, with little light to the sides. That might not work well in the gauge cluster. This is probably the reason some others have said they were disappointed with LED swaps in some applications.

This might steer you in the right direction.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals