• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fuel filter

nate09

Reaction score
i plan on replacing the fuel filter after i sea foam the ranger. just wonder if there are any tips/tricks those of you who've done it have for me.

PickupMan04 FX4 L2

do you intend to put seafom in the tank? if so just like all fuel system cleaners.. change the filter AFTER you run it through everything and AFTER a tank of fuel.

the shit that comes out of the tank after a treatment will plug up your brand new filter.

no tip and tricks i can think of other than purge the fuel system pressure (at the green capped bleed / purge valve under the hood ) before you pop the quick disconnects, sounds like your heading in the right direction to begin with..

Last edited:

nate09

Reaction score
do you intend to put seafom in the tank? if so just like all fuel system cleaners.. change the filter AFTER you run it through everything ant AFTER a tank of fuel.

the shit that comes out of the tank after a treatment will plug up your brand new filter.

no tip and tricks i can think of other than purge the fuel system pressure (at the green capped bleed / purge valve under the hood ) before you pop the quick disconnects, sounds like your heading in the right direction to begin with..
pretty much the answer i was looking for. its not the first time ive changed a fuel filter, but i didnt know how to relieve the pressure on a ranger.

PickupMan04 FX4 L2

cool man! have fun its a really quick project the biggest pita is getting the fuel filter out of the spring clamp on the frame rail.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals