• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TRS Event Ford Ranger 40th Anniversary - Truck Nationals - Carlisle PA

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Great, glad we squeaked over the limit. At the Ford Nationals most of the clubs have lunch catered in on Friday and Saturday but I think that’s out of the budget given the short notice we had this year and having to pay for the tent. Gives us something to shoot for next year. I don’t even know how the catering deal works.

I’ll kick in a few bucks on payday.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
Update On The Club Tent:

I was under the impression that we would get a free club tent after we had 15 people registered. Apparently we were eligible to RENT a club tent for $250.00 if we had 15 people. If we got 25 people by the deadline we would have gotten the tent for free. If we still end up getting 25 people by the show we're eligible for a free tent next year.

We contemplated the cost of the tent versus just bringing our own tent and not paying for one.

Here's the advantages of their tent:

1) It's a 20-foot tent that will be in a permanent location all weekend.

2) The Ranger Station Club Tent will be listed on an event map that will enable other Ford Ranger fans to find us during the show.

3) We will have an established area assigned to us so we're not trying to regroup every day.

I decided to take the hit and pay the $250. @snoranger offered to pay it but I don't think it would be fair for him to pay all of that.

If anyone going wants to contribute to the tent cost you can paypal me at jim@therangerstation.com

Thanks!
Thanks for all the hard work and passion. You do a great job.

I’ll kick in. I’ll try to figure out how to do PayPal, but I’ll do it either way even if I hand you something when we’re there!

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I dumped paypal a while ago due to issues in their policies. I’ll bring money with me to contribute to the cost.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Nice! I was going to order new staff t-shirts for that trip. Maybe I'll get these instead.
I'm considering a shirt or two for the event to add to the staff shirts I have. Maybe a hoodie as well since the one I have has holes in it from camp fires.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I just ordered a few tee shirts and a hoodie.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
@Jim Oaks or anyone who’s been before:

It would help my planning (and other newbies) for the trip if I could get a little more information about what we do and how we hang out.

I understand we will find each other on the non-show field by the tent, which will be on the field map. Yes/no?

I would be curious to know who is going, and who is going on what day. Would it be possible to do a little excel table? With Cell numbers?

I’ll be there Thursday late, on the field Friday, Saturday and Sunday hopefully all day. Since it’ll be the maiden voyage of the Road Ranger and I’m a feeble old man making an 11 hour trip, I might show up Friday morning instead of Thursday night if I get tired or there are any issues.

What should we bring and what are we allowed bring? Food? Beverages? Is Beer allowed? Folding chairs? Table? Party favors?

I’m bringing my dog Lincoln, okay?

Also, what are the evening plans? Where is everyone staying? Are we getting together at a feed store/watering hole?

What else am I missing, need to know?

ericbphoto

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
@JohnnyO can probably fill us in in most of that info. Several of us will be staying at Deer Run Campground nearby. I’ll get there Thursday afternoon with TRS2 and get it into its spot. We’re talking about going to Primanti brothers for dinner Thursday night. That’s about all I know. I need to look at the show schedule to figure out what hours I need to be there each day. Then I’ll figure out what I’m doing for the rest of my meals. If it looks like it will be long days at the show, I probably won’t feel like doing much cooking at the campground and just get restaurant food each night.

tomahawk350

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Tire Size
You should be getting a packet in the mail containing your windhield sticker, goodie bag letter, and field map. Pets are allowed. Food and drinks are for sale there, but I'd recommend bringing both. I usually bring cold subs, since it gets hot there. Not sure if beer is "allowed" but if well hidden I bet no one will say anything.

I live about 2 hours away so I will probably just come for Saturday, not sure yet.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
@Jim Oaks or anyone who’s been before:

It would help my planning (and other newbies) for the trip if I could get a little more information about what we do and how we hang out.

I understand we will find each other on the non-show field by the tent, which will be on the field map. Yes/no?

I would be curious to know who is going, and who is going on what day. Would it be possible to do a little excel table? With Cell numbers?

I’ll be there Thursday late, on the field Friday, Saturday and Sunday hopefully all day. Since it’ll be the maiden voyage of the Road Ranger and I’m a feeble old man making an 11 hour trip, I might show up Friday morning instead of Thursday night if I get tired or there are any issues.

What should we bring and what are we allowed bring? Food? Beverages? Is Beer allowed? Folding chairs? Table? Party favors?

I’m bringing my dog Lincoln, okay?

Also, what are the evening plans? Where is everyone staying? Are we getting together at a feed store/watering hole?

What else am I missing, need to know?
As mentioned, some of us are staying at the Deer Run Campground about 15 miles away. It was the best deal I could find. The Fairgrounds camping down the street is not open for the truck nationals. Most campgrounds are pet friendly but I never stayed at Deer Run so I don’t know for sure, you will have to check with them. A local craft brewery sells beer in the Fairgrounds so bringing your own should be okay but I’d be discreet about it just in case. They have food booths, at Ford I make breakfast and dinner at the campground and buy a sandwich of some sort there for lunch. I was going to lead the troops to Primanti Brothers in Camp Hill, PA on Thursday for dinner. They’re a regional Pittsburgh-based chain and Eric has seen my pics of Primanti’s sandwiches on Facebook and wants to try them. One sandwich is all your major food groups in each bite. I don’t know if Carlisle is giving us tables and chairs with the tent or not so I’d bring a folding chair to be safe. And sunscreen, at Carlisle there is no shade except the tent.
If you did not register ahead of time you should be able to at the registration building outside the main entrance.
Yeah, I need a T-shirt too.
My cell is 724-624-1195 although it’s set not to take calls from numbers not in my contacts list so leave a voice mail or text and I’ll get to you.

Last edited:

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
@JohnnyO can probably fill us in in most of that info. Several of us will be staying at Deer Run Campground nearby. I’ll get there Thursday afternoon with TRS2 and get it into its spot. We’re talking about going to Primanti brothers for dinner Thursday night. That’s about all I know. I need to look at the show schedule to figure out what hours I need to be there each day. Then I’ll figure out what I’m doing for the rest of my meals. If it looks like it will be long days at the show, I probably won’t feel like doing much cooking at the campground and just get restaurant food each night.
We should get TRS-2 to the Fairgrounds on Thursday if it’s going to be in the building and we can take turns babysitting it although having someone with the vehicles is not a requirement, at least not at the Ford Nationals. Some do, some don’t.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
All good info, thanks a lot, it helps. And Count me in for dinner. My cell is 770.331.9324.

Rick W

ericbphoto

TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
803-429-5071

But if any of you try to tell me about my cars extended warranty, there will be hell to pay.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I still need to make a reservation for the camp ground. I should get that done tomorrow before I pay bills so I don’t know I don’t have the money until it’s too late.

I’ll be heading over Friday. I don’t have the leave to do more than that and keep my other obligations.

Phone # is 724-513-3177

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals