• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

for those of you with kids in booster/car seats and a super cab...

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
how do they fit in the back? My kids are 2 and 5...ones in a car seat and the others in a booster seat.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
good luck, I'm not sure you will get the baby seat to fit. But I havn't tried. Kids or toys Give me life I mean toys.

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
I have a six year old in a booster seat when he sits up front. The rear jump seats fit him perfectly (and legally here in Ontario). Put the baby seat up front and the older child can ride in the back.

Redneckryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i fit i car seat behind pass seat, i booster behind me and a booster in front seat. it's tight, but they fit.just move pass seat up as far as it goes so kid in back seat has room.

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
the back seats face forward or the middle of the truck?
OT, I heard on the radio kids need to be 85 lbs before they dont need a booster seat...that would mean in grade 8 I wouldve been riding in a booster seat bahaha theres a trip to the therapist.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
the back seats face forward or the middle of the truck?
OT, I heard on the radio kids need to be 85 lbs before they dont need a booster seat...that would mean in grade 8 I wouldve been riding in a booster seat bahaha theres a trip to the therapist.
I think that it is a wight or age what ever come first. but I don't have kids so I really don't know anything for sure.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Here it's height that matters. I wouldn't put my kid's carseat on the jumper seats though...it is a HUGE pain in my ass just getting my dude to sit in the thing in the first place. No idea if it would be legal or not.

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
decided Im just gonna buy a fullsize bronco...rangers gonna have to wait a few more years yet. Would get a BII but I think the non chop-tops are ugly, they have small axles and a v6. I wanna go topless with big junk under me and a v8 and to do that to a BII is more work than buying a FSB lol.
I wish I could justify the practicality of a mustang, except we already have a car and need a 4x4...and with a FSB I can fit the kids in the back comfortably, fill the back half with junk n still have lots of room.
practicality sucks when it over rules getting the things you want lol.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
decided Im just gonna buy a fullsize bronco...rangers gonna have to wait a few more years yet. Would get a BII but I think the non chop-tops are ugly, they have small axles and a v6. I wanna go topless with big junk under me and a v8 and to do that to a BII is more work than buying a FSB lol.
I wish I could justify the practicality of a mustang, except we already have a car and need a 4x4...and with a FSB I can fit the kids in the back comfortably, fill the back half with junk n still have lots of room.
practicality sucks when it over rules getting the things you want lol.
V8 Explorer. :D

Guess you can't go topless with it, but they're cool...fullsize Broncos are pretty cool too though.

CJREX

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I won't put my kids in the back of my supercab, regardless of whether they fit or not.

I don't think it's safe for them to be sitting sideways since in an accident almost all forces are along the front-rear axis of the vehicle.

This is the ONLY reason I'm actually considering selling my Ranger and getting a truck with forward facing rear seats.

Honestly, the best use for a supercab in a Ranger is for storage or stereo, not people. Especially ones you really care about.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
I don't think it's safe for them to be sitting sideways since in an accident almost all forces are along the front-rear axis of the vehicle.
Exactly. As I recall, the owner's manual will tell you so and there is an on-off switch on 98+ so you can put a car seat in front.
When my kids got too big to fit in back I got my first Sport Trac.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals