• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Explorer sport build

B II Ian

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Radius arms are welded together and also put a bend in them for tire clearance. Because the stock radius arms are cast steal We made sure to heat them up till they were blue before bonding to the dom.

B II Ian

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Over all wheel base is going to be 105 roughly is where it looks happy with 38" tires. Getting some 1/4" plate this week to make some frame brackets, build the frame side track bar bracket and tie all that into my imaginary engine crossmember. Got a chunk of 1/2" plate that I will be notching the frame out for to mount the steering box to

B II Ian

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey guys, i have been slow with my build >.< but here is a bit of an update and some pictures.

I have welded my coil buckets onto the frame and mounted my spring seats onto the radius arms so i can jack it onto its own weight (kinda).

ive got the steering box mocked up where it should be, i used a chunk of 1/2" plate which is drilled and tapped with the bolt pattern of the steering box. it will be welded all around and the bottom will be gusseted and tied into the future engine crossmember.

so here is kinda how things should look lol

made up radius arm brackets and build a trany crossmember to go inbetween them

the start of the engine crossmember, its made out of 2x2 1/4 wall square tubing and i have the inside of the frame plated for it to be weld in. i should have it in the frame next weekend

So when all this stuff is done i will be onto figuring out steering and panhard bar (track bar) im still deciding how i will have my steering set up. most likely stock f350 tie rod and what ever drag link works lol.

For the track bar i want it as long as it can be and obviously on the same paralel angle as the drag link so i will be building a bracket that will be on the side of the steering knuckle C (once i build it it will be under stood more)

I will have something kinduve like this but i will have the look improved.

so anyways i will be updating my build thread a little bit more often... :chug:

and sry for lack of good pictures its hard to remember to grab a couple pics when in the middle of building lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals