• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dynomax VT vs Magnaflow

ZenXtra07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Currently my 96 2.3 ranger is equipped with a 5x11 oval, 28 inch overall length, offset magnaflow universal muffler, stock shorty header, magnaflow "high flow" catalytic converter from summit (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-23389/), and a magnaflow tip from summit (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-35169/) exiting just in front of the right rear tire. The truck sounds great, and I get many positive compliments. Seeing that opinions vary greatly, that last sentence means absolutely nothing, so I'll hopefully post a video link here shortly.

My problem is that the cab drone is absolutely ridiculous. On the highway I turn about 3k rpm @ 70mph (4.10's) and the drone within 2800 to 3100 is enough that you honestly have to speak on the threshold of yelling to hold a conversation. I didn't really care, but my dad did, and seeing that he owns the car that muffler is now going to be replaced with a dynomax vt. It will be the exact same setup, accept that the dynomax vt will be replacing the muffler previously described. I figured many were curious about this muffler for their daily drivers and so I'll also be posting a video of that set up once its installed (hopefully by sunday).

Although using a g-tech pro isn't really the best way to find out power ratings, it is a benchmark (a sad one at best), and the current system, coupled with a k&n "cold" air intake, netted ~+7hp across the board over 4 runs. Don't worry, I shifted smoothly too so there wasn't a large spike in the curve down low. As soon as the new muffler is installed I'll also let everybody know what those numbers look like.

If anyone has one of these on their ride and are willing to post a video, please let me know before I waste money on an install if its not worth it.:badidea:

12step

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Well what happened and how is your fuel milage with 4.10 gears

GoGoggansGo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Currently my 96 2.3 ranger is equipped with a 5x11 oval, 28 inch overall length, offset magnaflow universal muffler, stock shorty header, magnaflow "high flow" catalytic converter from summit (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-23389/), and a magnaflow tip from summit (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-35169/) exiting just in front of the right rear tire. The truck sounds great, and I get many positive compliments. Seeing that opinions vary greatly, that last sentence means absolutely nothing, so I'll hopefully post a video link here shortly.

My problem is that the cab drone is absolutely ridiculous. On the highway I turn about 3k rpm @ 70mph (4.10's) and the drone within 2800 to 3100 is enough that you honestly have to speak on the threshold of yelling to hold a conversation. I didn't really care, but my dad did, and seeing that he owns the car that muffler is now going to be replaced with a dynomax vt. It will be the exact same setup, accept that the dynomax vt will be replacing the muffler previously described. I figured many were curious about this muffler for their daily drivers and so I'll also be posting a video of that set up once its installed (hopefully by sunday).

Although using a g-tech pro isn't really the best way to find out power ratings, it is a benchmark (a sad one at best), and the current system, coupled with a k&n "cold" air intake, netted ~+7hp across the board over 4 runs. Don't worry, I shifted smoothly too so there wasn't a large spike in the curve down low. As soon as the new muffler is installed I'll also let everybody know what those numbers look like.

If anyone has one of these on their ride and are willing to post a video, please let me know before I waste money on an install if its not worth it.:badidea:
Get the dynomax vt great mufflers. Just wondering did you notice any diffrence in the magnaflow high flow cat when compared to the stock cat

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals