• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dont need ac

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
mike,i apologize for missing the almost in your post.my intent was not to be dishonest.i believe in taking care of mother earth and make a good living recovering all the refrigerants as required by law.i'm proud of the improvemants i have made w/making my home more energy efficient.i just believe the jury is still out on "man made"global warming".and i know that the subject has been hi-jacked by those that seem hell bent on "redistribution of wealth"when concrete proof is produced i may very well have to eat my words,but until then,no i just don't accept it.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
And when was the last time you heard of someone committing suicide by idling a car in a closed garage? Catalytic converters make that go away; it's next to impossible now to get enough CO to do that.
Yeah, it doesn't work terribly well anymore:)

The Prius is a sore spot with me, because every time I find myself pulled below of my most efficient cruising speed by a clump of traffic there is some
smug asshole in a prius at the head of the line doing 15mph under the limit in the left lane.

Not to long ago it would be some yuppie twit yacking on a cell phone

and a couple of decades ago it would have been some old man in a hat driving a Caddy.

Do NOT get me started about "Carbon credits"

It's a SCAM by the third world to get more money for their leaders to have bigger shopping junkets to Harrod's while their people die of aids and cholera.

AD

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I remember reading about Carbon Credits...oh man.

The issue with the global south (third world) is that we (the now developed countries) don't want them to follow the same development pattern that we did due to environmental, economic, and social costs. As such, we impose these ridiculous structural adjustment policies (which the developed countries NEVER came close to implementing or following) and now these poor countries are in an even worse state with a worse environmental record because there is no investment to fund research into cleaner technologies. Due to patent issues, countries in the global south cannot afford to buy the technologies we have already developed, again putting them out. It's kind of like a double standard.

I suggest reading Chang's "Kicking Away The Ladder" for further reading. It's a pretty interesting analysis.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
And while this may send MAKG into an absolute green frenzy it must be said....
I honestly think that "man made global warming" is the new "islam" (a rapidly spreading
new reliegon that tolerates no dissent) of the 21st century.

Just remember, when I'm sitting here shivering in the cold I think
seriously of going outside and burning tires because at those
times I'm feeling a serious LACK of global warming, and I really
couldn't give a rat's ass if my staying warm causes some movie
star's lawn to die in california...

Infact bring those dead lawns here and I'll burn them too!

AD

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Allan,

Do they not offer heating assistance in PA? I know that in MA it's very easy to qualify for heating assistance and it can honestly get you by all winter. Just asking out of curiosity.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Allan, I'm not at all a greenie. Well maybe compared to you, but I think Henry Ford was as well.

Global warming is not a religion. It is a FACT. It's the denial of the fact that has religious appearances -- not even the Republican Party is doing that anymore. And I guess you don't understand what global means if you think your current situation in Pennsylvania (in winter...duh) in isolation has any implications for global warming. Like anyone ever said it would.

It's not about movie star's lawns. Do you really think ALL 35 million Californians are SAG members? Do you think anyone north of Santa Barbara gives a flying F about Malibu movie stars? Well, maybe about as much as the locals where you live care about beaches in Martha's Vineyard. Give me a break.

I live in a working class neighborhood that has significant and rising drought and fire risks. No, it's not due to local development; that's been almost completely frozen for 20 years. Why does it happen? Local rainfall is driven almost entirely by the jet stream, which usually crosses overhead many times during the winter. Moving it 400 miles north (which a few degrees difference will do) puts LA climate here. LA gets 20 inches of rain onshore in a normal year. We get 75. See the problem?

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals