• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Deal of the day

TheBeast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 1970
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've been trying to resolve the vibration/carrier bearing issue with my truck. I ended up saying fook it, and found me an entire driveshaft from ford. Brand new, 98 ext cab 4x4 automatic driveshaft, assembled balanced brand new from ford, for 190 ship. The junkyards wanted a 100 bucks for a used one. Can't go wrong here, i'm tickled pink!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Good deal man. I paid $100 for my 1-piece, its in good shape, but I'd have paid 200 for a new one.

JohnPi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Nice haul. Was that the aluminum or the steel one piece? My memory might be faulty, but I thought it was available in either material.

TheBeast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 1970
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It is available in both materials actually. This one is a steel one. Brand new in the ford box. 100 bucks isn't bad for a used one if it's useable as it sits. I just don't want to pay 100 dollars for something that needs to be balanced and new U joints.

BeaterMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 4.6, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
thats a real good deal especially that you got it from the dealer. i think i payed 70$ for my one piece and then had to pay another 100 something to get it shortened and balanced to fit my 85'

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
It is available in both materials actually. This one is a steel one. Brand new in the ford box. 100 bucks isn't bad for a used one if it's useable as it sits. I just don't want to pay 100 dollars for something that needs to be balanced and new U joints.
I had to spend another $110 to get the rear flange swapped, because I have a 1st gen, and replace the rear joint at the same time. I had to get a shop to do the joint because it was frozen in the flange. Broke a bench vice trying to get it out.

EdGein

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L 4cyl.
Transmission
Automatic
Long Haired Country Boy ! ! ! Charlie Daniels is the man. I'm originally from Mississippi and grew up listening to Charlie, Willie, Waylon, Hank Jr. Awesome man.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
I've been trying to resolve the vibration/carrier bearing issue with my truck. I ended up saying fook it, and found me an entire driveshaft from ford. Brand new, 98 ext cab 4x4 automatic driveshaft, assembled balanced brand new from ford, for 190 ship. The junkyards wanted a 100 bucks for a used one. Can't go wrong here, i'm tickled pink!
what a great deal!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Way to go. Is the problem solved??

Straycat

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals