• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

D35 swap questions

Mr. Tarkanian

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Are the Ranger and Explorer D35 front ends pretty much the same? I've found a junk ranger with axle tag code 610365-3, which according to my homework is a D35 with 3.73's out of a ranger/BII.

While I was at the boneyard, I also found an explorer with the center-chunk removed from the TTB, and the shafts and spindles laying conveniently in the cab. I want to nab those as spares.

My question is, Dana lists the Ranger/BII D35s as a different part code than those out of explorers. Are the track widths the same? I've looked but can't find a definite answer. I'm going to grab those shafts and spindles so long as they are the same length. Oh, just for reference, the local scrap yard asked $100 for the entire TTB assembly, they will remove it. I thought that was pretty reasonable.

Thanks in advance.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
95+ Rangers have different spindles/brakes but otherwise Ranger/Explorer D35 are the same.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals