• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cruise control doesn't work

computersoc

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
The light will activate on the dash when I set the speed I want but the truck will just slow down (to 0 if I let it).

The speedometer works fine. Before my muffler hit the shock and ebrake cable, it worked fine. I'm guessing the VSS is fine because the speedometer works. Not sure what else to look at? I got the muffler and shock repaired and the truck passed state inspection. The ebrake cable got some of the rubber housing cracked but it works fine once they adjusted it.

All three brake lights work. The top middle one doesn't work as a taillight. Not sure if that's supposed to be on when my lights are on, but it's not. It only goes on if I hit the brake.

fr7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We need more details about the truck. It could be that the cruise control module under the hood went bad or could be something else. If you don't know where it is, follow the cables from the throttle, one goes to the pedal through the firewall, the other one goes to the module, make sure they're hooked up in both ends. I assume you checked the fuses and they're ok since the light works and you usually loose something else since most likely a single fuse runs more than one thing. I believe there's a relay for it but I'm not sure where. That would be a starting point, check the cable and relay.

computersoc

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
The truck just passed inspection the other day but I notice my reverse lights aren't working. I had something small that could fit in ones hand replaced a few years ago (I think near the transmission) that fixed the reverse lights when they didn't work then. What's the part called and could it be contributing to my cruise control issue?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals