• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

cortex or flashpaq?

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
im looking into a superchip for my 07 fx4, and im just wondering which is the better deal, the flashpaq or cortex, its a 50$ difference between the two...thanks

jeffw920

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have the cortex, they both have the same exact tunes, and can both retrieve error codes, adjust for larger tires etc. the only difference is the cortex comes with a 2 year powertrain warranty, don't ask me how much it covers, i would imagine you would have quite a hard time getting money out of superchips if something went wrong with your truck, however when i bought mine superchips was offering a manufacturers 50 rebate on the cortex making it the same price as the flashpaq so i figured why not.... also the cortex can log data such as 0-60 times, quarter mile etc... the flaspaq may do the same i am not sure.
bottoms line- 1 possibly 2 differences
1)cortex can do data logging (0-60, quartermile times)
2)2 year limited powertrain warranty
my recommendation would be the cortex for the warranty. . . for whatever thats worth, especially if that $50rebate is still going on.

02 ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002, 2008
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l, 6.4l
Transmission
Automatic
Did you see any awesome performance gains? If so where did you see this at like bottom end, middle or top end? Mpg gain?
Thanks, Abel

jeffw920

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i wouldnt say awesome, but i'd say noticable and im satisfied with spending 389 dollars for it. it definitely spins tires alot more, ive gotten in trouble in the rain a few times by accident accelerating too hard on on ramps and stuff. all in all i would recommend it, it shifts a little firmer and will wind out to i want to say 5500, idk i dont remember you can look it up within the programmer once you get it. My truck with the chip and the same drivetrain as my brothers 04 fx4 will pretty noticeably outrun it. you can definitely tell when you switch from driving one to the other. got a little better mileage too, i set it on the mileage tune for a long highway trip once and got 21.2mpg, for the most part i just leave it on the performance tune and get around 17-18 mixed driving

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I wouldnt do either of them. You can get an SCT xcal 1,2, or 3 and its retunable, with many more options such as shift points, etc. multiple tunes and retains factory setings.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals