• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

coolant flush questions

87RangerXLTct

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So I was testing my coolant for freeze and boiling point, and noticed it was brown. Had to do a ect and new tstat so figured now would be a good time to flush. Couldn't locate the coolant plugs on each side of the block so I went ahead and put the new tstat on was just going to flush the system with one of those prestone kits on a heater hose. As of right now I back flushed the heater core flushed the radiator and installed the new ect and tstat, wondering how I should go about flushing the remaining coolant out of the block. Anyone have a picture/location of the drain plugs on the block? I had bought some bar's 10 minute coolant flush cleaner as well when should I add that? All these coolant flush videos on youtube have me confused. I could bypass the thermostat by tapping into the heater hose on the injection manifold and running water through it, could I just remove lower radiator hose and let it flush out that way?

87RangerXLTct

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
can anyone tell me where the coolant drain plugs are on the engine? There are a few npt plugs on both sides of the engine, don't want to remove the wrong ones...

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't know of any drain plugs.I usually pull off the bottom hose.Flush the block every way to can.

bigfatloser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Temporarely remove t-stat, reassemble and flush with the prestone connections.

Chris102371

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Theres a drain plug on each side of the block,they are hard to see. On left side it s above the oil sensor,on right side it is above and to the right of the oil filter housing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals