• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

Jimbo45

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
95 Ranger 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Maybe I think it's a good gun bc I've shot several and all of them have worked GREAT..
Just bc you've had bad experiences with them doesn't mean everyone has. Ours has never failed and never jammed. Never done anything it's not suppose to. That's more than I say say about the Glock I had. The Bersa's (for the money) are great guns. Maybe you just had a bad one. Maybe you bought it used or you didn't take are of it. Maybe it was the lemon. Idk... But you can't judge all by one. First browning a-bolt I owned had lots of issues; does that mean browning a-bolts suck? Of course not.

As far as the XD's; that's my plan. Well I want the XDm 45acp.
4.0, how many rounds did you have through your Bersa's? Most guns can go a few boxes without issues, even the Ravens and Lorcins do that. What did a Glock "do that it wasn't supposed to do", for you? Malfunctioning Glocks are certainly not the norm, most guys in the know, will tell you that, even if they don't particularly like them. Congrats on your Xdm though, those are decent pistols, if there isn't a Glock to choose from, of course. :icon_thumby:

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
my new toy.. only fired once (by FH at Springfield) they even include the hull in the case! lol
XDm 3.8" 45 acp
You just had to one up me didnt yah!!! :thefinger::thefinger:

Looks nice, I'd like to get me a 9mm XDm eventually.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
4.0, how many rounds did you have through your Bersa's? Most guns can go a few boxes without issues, even the Ravens and Lorcins do that. What did a Glock "do that it wasn't supposed to do", for you? Malfunctioning Glocks are certainly not the norm, most guys in the know, will tell you that, even if they don't particularly like them. Congrats on your Xdm though, those are decent pistols, if there isn't a Glock to choose from, of course. :icon_thumby:
the bersa has had at least 500 rounds thru it...never jammed, never malfunctioned.

and ah....the glock. Glock and i got into over an issue w/ the gun. it was a 34 9mm. i always said something didn't feel right. come to find out the gun had to much slack internally. the top slide was to loose with no ways of tightening it other than replacing the lower. sorry if my terms are not correct... glock wouldn't fix it even tho it was bought new. we had several issues of it not feeding right... it was a hassle. i sold the gun as is to a friend, he knew the issue. He sent the gun in and they fixed it somehow no questions asked. i sent that stupid thing in 2 times, never was mean, never said anything out of the way for the first 2 times... and it went down hill from there.

other glocks i've shot have been fine, but i will NOT spend money on a glock..

besides, i like the XDm more.. A LOT MORE. it feels better in my hand, fits my hand better, like the size more. and when it comes down to a gun i'll carry, i want one i'm comfortable with and like the way it fits my hand more. :icon_thumby:

if you're a glock guy, more power to you.. hope you NEVER had the issues i had with mine. glock makes a great gun and has good stats on their guns. i got lucky enough to have a bad one. i will take an XDm over a glock anyday

Last edited:

Jimbo45

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
95 Ranger 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
the bersa has had at least 500 rounds thru it...never jammed, never malfunctioned.

and ah....the glock. Glock and i got into over an issue w/ the gun. it was a 34 9mm. i always said something didn't feel right. come to find out the gun had to much slack internally. the top slide was to loose with no ways of tightening it other than replacing the lower. sorry if my terms are not correct... glock wouldn't fix it even tho it was bought new. we had several issues of it not feeding right... it was a hassle. i sold the gun as is to a friend, he knew the issue. He sent the gun in and they fixed it somehow no questions asked. i sent that stupid thing in 2 times, never was mean, never said anything out of the way for the first 2 times... and it went down hill from there.

other glocks i've shot have been fine, but i will NOT spend money on a glock..

besides, i like the XDm more.. A LOT MORE. it feels better in my hand, fits my hand better, like the size more. and when it comes down to a gun i'll carry, i want one i'm comfortable with and like the way it fits my hand more. :icon_thumby:

if you're a glock guy, more power to you.. hope you NEVER had the issues i had with mine. glock makes a great gun and has good stats on their guns. i got lucky enough to have a bad one. i will take an XDm over a glock anyday
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Glocks. Keep in mind, they are a combat gun, with a combat trigger, that does what it is designed to do, and not for a crisp 2 pound trigger break, as a target or plinking gun.

Good to go with what you are most comfortable with, for sure. Enjoy the pistol, and get some quality training with it. The XD's are fine guns, and I know Glocks don't fit everyone. I had an early XD that wouldn't feed our duty hollow points. I resisted Glocks as long as I could, because I thought I hated them, but decided to try one after the XD. 9 years later, Glock is the only duty gun I will carry now.

I have been around Glocks (and a lot of other autos) in my day, and trained with a lot different folks over the years. I can say that a malfunctioning Glock is very rare. I own multiple glocks and a few other makes of autos, and the Glocks never disappoint. Lots of high volume shooting, and I have been able to depend on them. I would, however, try an XDM, if Glock disappeared from earth. I just don't like that I can't replace some of the parts at an armorer level, with the XD's.

Here is an old pic (when it was brand new, its kinda beat up now) of my current duty G21sf after a 4 day class of about 1500 rounds, IIRC. Since, the gun has another 5000-6000 rounds on it, without a hitch:

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I will say after you get burned by a bad one and jump through the hoops to get it fixed to no avail... it is really easy to be turned off by a company no matter the reputation.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I will say after you get burned by a bad one and jump through the hoops to get it fixed to no avail... it is really easy to be turned off by a company no matter the reputation.
like i said, don't get me wrong... i know that Glock makes a great gun and has been tested thru time. i would probably try glock again if it was a gun that i wanted. i know i had a lemon. i'll admit it. :icon_thumby: i'm just not a glock guy. kinda like ford v chevy.. same thing w/ glock v xd(m)'s. you like one and don't like the other usually.

anyways... i just ordered a bunch of brass for my 45.. gotta get some stuff to be reloading! :yahoo:

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
my new toy.. only fired once (by FH at Springfield) they even include the hull in the case! lol
XDm 3.8" 45 acp
Very nice. I picked up my carry gun today. Dropping off my CCW permit application Monday morning.:D

-Jester

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Put 100 fmj rounds thru it this weekend. Along with 2 different kinds of carry ammo. 50 each
Shoots great. No problems... Better not be any problems with 200 shots! Lol.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I put a hunerd' rounds through mine finally this weekend at the local ranger...:D Very happy with it (XD45).

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I put a hunerd' rounds through mine finally this weekend at the local ranger...:D Very happy with it (XD45).
And what did the Ranger do to deserve that?

:icon_twisted:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i like conceal carry guns

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i actually talked to a lady that was selling those at a local gun show... cati(my g/f) tried one w/ a 38 revolver. worked pretty good..

since we're on the topic of holsters... Mine WILL be replaced soon. the stock one SUCKS!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Seems like it would be kind of awkward and would show through anything but heavy clothing which would further complicate drawing the weapon.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Seems like it would be kind of awkward and would show through anything but heavy clothing which would further complicate drawing the weapon.
that's what i was thinking. just another reason to look at some boobies though.

and if i were going to rob someone that was CC-ing, i hope it would be a chick with one of those.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
it actually wan't THAT noticeable with a small 38... and my gf doesn't have huge boobs either. its a decent design for women. and getting the gun out was as easy as reaching up her shirt.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals