• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

WisRanger

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
the guy at sportsman warehouse said the same thing.. he recommends the xd's or sig's. but sig's cost a few hundred more lol.. not happening. i'm already gonna be hurting my truck fund to get my ccp and pistol so... oh well. lol.

i really like the xd's. just don't know if i want a 9mm, .40, or .45... the guy at the store recommended the 9mm b/c i wanna shoot for fun to, and the price of ammo. i've always heard bad about .40's b/c it has more recoil than a .45 but less knockdown, so why would it be worth it?
Just because a guy works behind a counter with guns in it does not mean he is an expert on them.

Best thing you can do is go to a local range that rents guns and rent the ones you like and shoot the piss out of them. Find one YOU like.. not what some mall ninja says is cool.

I DO like Glocks. They are probably the most reliable handgun you can buy (with the exception of the new 4th Gen probs). You can buy a Grip Force Adapter if you dont like the grip..hell you can give it a beavertail like your favorite 1911.

You have shot 250 rounds.. cool story. You need to be shooting much more than that if you plan to carry this gun. Takes a heck of a lot more than 250rds to build the muscle memory you need to be sure you deploy your weapon effectively and dont end up hurting yourself or others.

In closing... be safe and

ALWAYS

ALWAYS

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch

Be safe

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i understand that the guy is not an expert. no worries there lol. i was just passing along the info the guy told me. i'm not taking someone else's word for it, other than people that own a pistol and tell me their opinions, even then-- i'm taking it as opinions, NOT AS FACTS. trust me, i understand all of this. it comes down to what i want, and i'm gonna buy the gun i want.. if i decided i like a ruger lc9, that's what it'll be. if i change my mind and decide to carry a dang .357 s&w revolver, that's what it'll be...

i'm not getting the 9mm. i found out yesterday that one of my friends has a xd .45 compact, he's gonna let me borrow for a weekend and put some rounds thru it.

i understand that i'm gonna buy what i feel comfortable with, and after i shoot a lot. trust me, i'm not gonna make some rush choice or buy something i aint had some time w/.

and i'm gonna look into some "modified" glocks. i'm gonna look into the different grips that are available for them. but since i like the feel of the xd's, idk how much i'm gonna look into it.

this whole thread is just me asking what people use for carry, and why... i'm trying to get a good all around opinion of what people seem to think. i'm not basing my purchase off what you say, or anyone else says...but i like to hear pros/cons of guns from people that i would hope tell me the truth (like TRS guys, instead of just some salesman trying to sale something)

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Too bad you don't live up here. We'd go play. I have a passel you could try out from pea shooters to full on wrist breakers. I have to say, THIS is my favorite handgun...

7mm-08. All the stopping power you'll ever need in a handgun! Consealability is a bit of an issue though...

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I asked a friend who bought the small Rugar LCP 380 and just loves it, very small compared to a lot. There are so many options and opions out there. Depends on wants and needs. Just be happy with whatever you go with.
Dave

JC 97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger xlt
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4" suspension
Tire Size
31x10.5
:icon_thumby: How do you like the trigger pull on you AO? Both my Rock and Colt have the sweetest trigger pull.
I like it alot.It is my second A.O. The first I sold and then 6 months later I bought another one.

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
(like TRS guys, instead of just some salesman trying to sale something)
IMO they are not much different from car salesman, they will talk you into as much as you can buy... whether you need it or not.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Wish I would have looked at this before. I have been looking for a CC pistol for a girlfriend and I am really leaning toward the Bersa Thunder .380 CC pictured.

I know .380 seems a little small and it is a bug gun but with modern ammo and well placed rounds it seems like it may be the gun for her. Cor Bons 80 gr. 1050 fps DPX (deep penetrating x-bullet) bullets seem to fill the bill between penetration and expansion and you get 8 + 1 to make your day.

She needs it to be concelable, light, economicaly priced and above all reliable and the Bersa has all that. From all the reviews ive read and what 4.0B2 says about theirs not jamming I think the next step is to go shoot one and see what i personaly think then if i like see how it works for her on the range. If anyone has shot this exact model chime in with your review.

P.S. Keep in mind this gun is for a woman and that she will be taking advance training courses.

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Wait! You conned someone into dating you? We are talking about a woman, right? LOL!

I don't think I've ever seen one of those. What are they selling for? 380 isn't a bad round. It was kind of hard to find for a while but with all the new weapons chamberd in 380 coming out, it is getting more common. Still kind of expensive though.

Did you go to the guh show last weekend? It was absolutely dead. No venders or customers. Kind of sad.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Wait! You conned someone into dating you? We are talking about a woman, right? LOL!

I don't think I've ever seen one of those. What are they selling for? 380 isn't a bad round. It was kind of hard to find for a while but with all the new weapons chamberd in 380 coming out, it is getting more common. Still kind of expensive though.

Did you go to the guh show last weekend? It was absolutely dead. No venders or customers. Kind of sad.
Lol ya turd:icon_rofl: She's just one of my girls, i like the variety pack.:D Anyways the ones ive seen around the net are under 300 bucks so thats not too bad but have to figure in extra clips, holster, cleaning kit, lots of ammo, ccp and extra training and a bullet proof vest for me if she finds out about my other girlfriends heh heh. Didnt make the gun show, too may irons in the fire and fishing lines in the water but sounds like it was a bust anyway.

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Web specials as low as $220. Fairly good reviews. Looks like a Walther clone.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i highly recommend them for a cheap gun. if you want a .380, i say get one.. i'm gonna take this one out tomorrow when i run down to pontotoc, and shoot it some more. see if i can make it jam. i think i still have about 400 bullets lol

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I carry a 9mm Ruger P-95 DC and use same firearm for IDPA competitions. SERPA holster and twin mag holster for tactical reloading. Loads of fun without much expense and plenty of knockdown.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Well only shot about 30 rounds thru the little bersa today. No jams tho. Not real fast shooting either. We only came down to our land to pick up our old ford 8n red belly anyways. Not to play

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals