• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Computer Goodies.

Twizzler09

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/256CI V6
Transmission
Manual
My computer is an old AMD Athalon XP+ 2200 with about 500 Mb RAM...nothing special...but it kicks as on Facebook...lol
Another Athlon XP fan, nice :icon_thumby:

Had an Athlon XP 2800+ in my old gaming rig for a good long time, sadly that machine went *poof* about 2 1/2 years ago

For what they were, those were some strong and reliable CPUs.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Another Athlon XP fan, nice :icon_thumby:

Had an Athlon XP 2800+ in my old gaming rig for a good long time, sadly that machine went *poof* about 2 1/2 years ago

For what they were, those were some strong and reliable CPUs.
Yeah, I've had this system for a few years now...had a slight overheating problem but that was resolved with a vacuum cleaner...

I upgraded the cpu a while ago to the 2200+ from a 1300 and added some ram...oh, and a 480 watt power supply...that growls like a hungry dog sometimes but it is comforting...

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
thats pretty cool if it is what i think it is.
it probably is.

you can get really crazy and crank it up to the point that on top tall buildings or mountains you can see the entire map all at once. i turned it up to a reasonable level because i got tired of trees spawning right in front of my nose while flying the jump jet. plus it just looks great. it gives the game a better, more realistic feel.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
i got you beat, aaron.

1.3 GHz intel celeron
248MB of ram
64MB on-board intel video card
34 gigs of useful HD
dead battery that gives me about 5 minutes of life when not on a/c :D

its...ahh...slooow. its got an open RAM slot that id like to fill someday so it'll at least have some useful memory. right now, my background applications take up all but 75MB of my physical memory and i rely on paging file to run almost anything extra. cant complain for free i guess :dunno:
You guys probably don't even wanna know my system specs.
The CPU is a QX9650 (about $1200 new at the time) that I won at an Intel LAN party raffle. I've got it overclocked to 4GHz.
The SLI 8800GTs picture have since been replaced with a single GTX260 which is now also watercooled.
The 780i motherboard has been replaced with a Gigabyte P45 board, the 8800GTs, 780i and an old E6600 of mine will be going into a second computer.
Truth be told everything new at the price of when I got it puts it around a $4000 computer, since so much stuff I received as gifts, hand me downs and prizes I've probably got "only" about $1700 invested.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ya well...ive got a 1 gig chip coming for the above system...shipped last week so should be here any day :thefinger:

i only use the laptop for "internetting". this leaves the desktop free of having to run firewalls and antiviruses in the background. its bare bones as far as software goes. at idle it uses less than 6% of its 2 gigs...that way i can make the best of a less-than-up-to-date system. it does fairly well i think for what it is. my CPU is definitely the bottle neck now, being a single core 3 ghz P4 oc'd to 3.5 ghz. there arent any decent processors out there for socket 478, so when it comes time to upgrade im going to have to get another motherboard (again) and this time im not going with a biostar :annoyed:

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You guys probably don't even wanna know my system specs.
The CPU is a QX9650 (about $1200 new at the time) that I won at an Intel LAN party raffle. I've got it overclocked to 4GHz.
The SLI 8800GTs picture have since been replaced with a single GTX260 which is now also watercooled.
The 780i motherboard has been replaced with a Gigabyte P45 board, the 8800GTs, 780i and an old E6600 of mine will be going into a second computer.
Truth be told everything new at the price of when I got it puts it around a $4000 computer, since so much stuff I received as gifts, hand me downs and prizes I've probably got "only" about $1700 invested.
You're my hero.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals