• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Compatible engine years for 1998 3.0

SeedyRom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a 98 Ranger XLT 2x4 shortbed with a bad 3.0 V-6. The engine spun the bearings after the head gasket blew. Owner said the wife drove it 14 miles back home. I guess the white smoke wasn't noticed :icon_confused:
I paid $500 for the truck, it will need a new tailgate and rear bumper due to wife too or the man is passing the buck.

I know the 98 thru 2001 engines are the same, Ford changed the body in 2002 I think. Why engines are compatible with no mods needed besides the 98 thru 2001 engines?? The owner said the 96 and 97 engines are the same as the 1998 and perhaps the 2002 plus are the same engines. Will any other years bolt up??

I searched before posting so I know the Taurus engine will work by flipping the throttle body, using the ECU and harness. That's an$ attractive swap but I need to get back on the road by Friday week.
Thanks. :D

SeedyRom

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals