• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Commodore 64 is back!

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
MIAMI —

Come on, you know you want one.

Commodore USA is recreating the classic Commodore 64 with modern software and the exact replica of the original beige chassis.

The new computer has 4 GB of DDR3 memory, a one terabyte hard drive, HDMI compatibility, an Intel Atom 525 CPU and Nvidia Ion2 graphics.
It also includes six USB ports, a 6-in-1 media card reader and an optional Blu-ray Disc drive.

The Commodore 64 from the 1980s is an 8-bit home computer built by Commodore International. During the Commodore 64's market-shelf life, sales totaled 30 million units, making it the best-selling single personal computer model of all time. It was priced at $595.
Commodore USA said there is "overwhelming demand from former Commodore users worldwide" for the new machine and plans to roll out a model before the end of the year. So far, the company has not listed a price for the new machine.
I had a Commodore 64 in the 80's. I ran a BBS over it back when you had to dial the number of the computer you wanted to connect to. I really can't wait to see the new C-64.

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My uncle ran a multi-node C64 BBS in San Diego back in the 80s... Don't know how he did it, but he had several boxes and hand wired expansion boards. I kept telling him he was an evil genius...

Whats old is new. A couple years back I got an Atari Flashback 2.0. Like a smaller original 2600. But it is more than that. They managed to get the entire 2600 to run on a chip. And the mini looking box can be cut out for the original cartridges and original controllers will work. And, for the Halo fans, try this. Imagine if the Halo storyline coincided with the launch of the 2600...

I also keep hearing rumors of the return of the Amiga system... Maybe Radio Shack should bring out a modernized TRS-80. RagerStation guys would love 'em!!!

Funnyman141

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I use a C64 screen for a gaming screen in my room.:D

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
a C-64 is now more powerful than my computer. great.

not my age range lol but i used to play with my dad's after i found it in a box and messed with wires till it worked

sholzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I also keep hearing rumors of the return of the Amiga system... Maybe Radio Shack should bring out a modernized TRS-80. RagerStation guys would love 'em!!!
I still have my old Amiga. And an Apple //e.

sholzy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
The C64C was my first experience with a modem (300/1200 baud IIRC). It was loud and slow, and way too expensive for a 12-13 year old kid. My best friend actually had the C64C, I never have known how he managed to get it. I wasn't so interested at that age though. He was nerdy, and I was into sports and cars.

I do remember in 94 when my Dad bought an Atari 800XL from a guy at work expecting my younger siblings to do homework on it. :icon_rofl: He referred to it as "the computer". :icon_rofl: I straightened that ship though, and he laid down 2100 dollars for an HP Pentium I (75mhz) based computer with 16mb ram (later expanded to a whopping 32mb), 14.4k modem, 2X CD-Rom, and somewhere around a 250mb hard drive. It ran Windows 3.1, which like Windows Vista, seemingly needed to be reloaded once a week.

Man, times change!

(sorry, I always get a jab in on Vista when I can)

Last edited:

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2001
Make / Model
1994 Ford Bronc
Engine Size
5.8v8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Failing is easy. Everyone can do it.
Still have a C-64, Apple IIe, Apple IIc in service for when I get in the mood for 'old school'. Everything works, down to the monitors and printers.

Keyword: Beach Head Classic game.

S-

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals