• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cold Start Issue.....

87xlranger

April 2010 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Hi Guys, I just got my ranger running it's a 2.3L

It had a Faulty Fuel Relay, I replaced it and it Fired right up !

The Issue I'm Having is when it's been over 2 to 3 hours since ive started it so it's mostly a cold start, It will high-idle to get warmed up and 20 to 30 seconds later it starts to stumble and the idle goes up and down for 1 or 2 cycles and then dies. I restart it and then it's high idling again... it will do this 2 to 3 times and then it will stay running without issue.

Any Ideas Fellas ?

Thanks !

Troy. :icon_confused:

87xlranger

April 2010 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
WOW.... Thanks For the Help guys....:annoyed:

It's cool though.... Ill let everyone Know what it was so THEY can Benifit From MY Trial and error.... No thanks to anoyone here.

It was the Coolant Temp Sensor, Basicaly the computer could not tell if the truck was warmed up so it couldn't control the IAC when the truck was Cold thus Causing a Stall when Cold.

This Also Makes the Engine Run RICH All The Time Resulting in Poor Fuel Economy and poor acceleration.

Thanks For Nothing. :lame:

I figured ONE person would Engage with me about my problem..... What good is a Forum if nobody helps ?

Troy.

fivestring

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for posting your results. Even though your problem was two years ago, it helped me today. I wish more guys would post final fixes on these threads. So many are left unfinished.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals