• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Burning Coolant

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
Alright I've been searching for days and cannot find any information that pertains to me. About 3000-4000 miles ago I did a total overhaul to my 4.0. New gaskets, seals, water-pump, thermostat, rebuilt injectors, honed the cylinders, new rings, valve guide seals, cleaned the block and heads very good, and I relapped the valves. So my engine should have run very good I saw 0 problems when cleaning everything. Well she likes to drink coolant very much. I dont have any milky oil and I dont burn oil so I'm kinda stumped. My engine temp is always perfect its never been hot I could run it without any coolant and it wouldnt get too hot. My oil pressure is also high. At this point I have no clue what the problem is. Help!!!!!!!!:bawling:

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
Do a compression check in each cylinder. You will probably find a blown head gasket.

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
maybe you have a leak that you didn't notice before

98 ranger xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Did you check the heads for cracks when you rebuilt it? these motors like to crack heads.

marktonium

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Have you checked the freeze plugs?

I think there are three on each side and TWO in the rear of the engine. 8 total. Make sure your engine is cool (obviously) and slide your hand between the engine and firewall to see if there is any wetness.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals