• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

broken ribs

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i managed to get 4 of my ribs broke tonight :icon_surprised: now i'm destaned to the couch for a week or so and i'm allready going crazy. any body else ever had broken ribs and what did you do while you were healing up?

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ive never broken any, but my girlfriends dad did. he was standing on the ball hitch of his f350, slipped, and landed on his side on the hitch. he broke 2 ribs.

hes a tough old fart though, never went to the doctor. just took it easy till he healed up.

howd you break em?

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
please don't laugh {ok we must laugh }but i was plowing snow with the quad and went to get off it and my boot string caught the foot peg and down i went..:icon_rofl: now that i look at what hapened it's funny but it still hurts like hell. and to make matters worse my left lung has a big bruse on it acording to the ex-rays

motohead771

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I was riding my snowmobile when I was 12. It rolled, landed on me, and broke two ribs. I never went to the doctor for that injury because there isnt really much that they can do for ribs.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
thats got to be one of the least graceful ATV dismountings in history :D

heal quick :icon_cheers:

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Hit a stump with the ski of my old 70' 250 ELAN and ate the handlebars hard in the chest (13yr old at the time) and broke 5 ribs.....I spent a lot of time doin nuthin as even breathing hurt when I did it.

-andrew

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was riding my snowmobile when I was 12. It rolled, landed on me, and broke two ribs. I never went to the doctor for that injury because there isnt really much that they can do for ribs.
they gave me a velcro rap for the chest and told me that will keep the ribs from poking a lung? not sure it will but i'm no doctor
thats got to be one of the least graceful ATV dismountings in history :D

heal quick :icon_cheers:
to bad someone didn't get it on vidio i would have posted it. i couldn't even get up by myself

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I guess you should be grateful you broke them...according to my doctor at the time...I had two bruised ribs from a match in 1986 that took years to heal properly...only hurt when I got up in the morning, but you do that once a day and that's enough of a reminder...

Be careful of that bruised lung though...fluid around the lung...if your rib pokes it you might be in for a bit of a coughing fit...and that will hurt...rest...rest...rest...

But I have to laugh at the thought...sounds like something I'd do...

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
I had an asthma attack about 5 or 6 years ago, it was bad enough that it sent me to hospital. I broke 6 ribs coughing. When i say coughing I don't mean that little cough-cough clear your throat type cough, I'm meaning the coughing so hard that when you're lying down your coughing so hard, you're stomach is contracting enough to put your head between your knees. It was pretty bad, my two bottom ribs didn't heal properly, but I have an extra two ribs (I'm odd, what can I say), so its not like they were doing much anyways.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
last time I broke anything I spent 4 months palying Ghost Recon and super mario brothers.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
thats just wrong.

Joe400

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
broke 2 ribs my wrist and a finger in a motocross crash and i'll tell you the ribs were the worst by far. i was back to normal in about a 3-4 weeks

loneranger04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
broke third rid from the bottem on the right side. fell off of a gas turbine engine on the last ship i was stationed on. was doing maintance.

gatlin04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I have ever personally had mine broken, but my brother has..... he was standing up for a friend..... ended up getting jumped.... who would have thought that the friend that he was standing up for ran like a little girl....

Good luck healing.... he had a hard time breathing cuz it hurt so bad... he also had a hard time finding a way to sleep.... every way it hurt....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals