• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Brighter backup lights

mud390

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My 03 Ranger backup lights, well, suck. My truck has factory privacy glass and the previous owner tinted the front windows to match the extended cab and back window glass. My old truck was much tinted darker than this one and I'm having a harder time seeing behind the truck at night. Is there any type of bulb I can use to brighten things up? LED, higher wattage, or something else. I'd prefer to not put auxiliary backup lights on right now. I don't really have the tools/time to do it right now. I'll look into that in about a month, but need a short term fix. Thanks!

Kris

bufordanthony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
You can find LED bulb clusthers to replace just about any bulb on your vehicle. You can try checking out this place: www.superbrightleds.com , but truthfuly you probably won't get what you are looking for until you get some "add-on" lights and tap into your power wire for reverse. If you've got the money try checking out delta lights. I have a set of their can lights, and they turn night into day. Fairly easy to mount to. Some drilling, but it shouldn't take more than an hour.

gw33gp

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33"
I am still running the original backup lights on my 02 Ranger but I did install Halogen backup bulbs in my 89 Ranger and it was considerably better. I would guess that they still have the Halogen replacement bulbs for the newer Ranger backup lights.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
add auxilary backups. Mount 'em to your frame or your bumper. I'm running those KC 26series backups...but I replaced the 55w bulbs with 130w bulbs. And wow...is it awesome! ok....well..i havn't actually put them on the truck yet, but they are ready to install. lol.

You could use just cheapo walmart $20 lights if you really wanted to. DO NOT FORGET A RELAY!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals