• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

bead locking rims

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
i have been searching for awhile and can not find a 15x10 bead locking rim that fits a ranger. does anyone have any and what brand where can i get it blah blah blah. i am trying to price out my next project for the truck bc i may be getting a new job in a couple weeks and be doubling my paycheck :yahoo:

also looking for a bushing kit for the front end. i would assume energy suspension has one but i couldnt find it on summit racing

Last edited:

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
you may not find a beadlocking rim that "fits teh ranger" in that size simply due to backspacing and offest requirements. You will most likely just have to order the size you want with the BS and Offset you want and just make sure to order it in a small ford 5 lug pattern. Or you can find some rims and take it to a shop that does the custom beadlock addons. those are pretty good too.

James Duff has some good bushing kits as does every parts store around. BUt you def need to invest in self lube polyurethane.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I have seen two types for a Ranger...the kind that you have to drill into the wheels and mount the bead lock and the ones that are already on the wheel. A buddy of mine bought some on Ebay last year. They are nice. 4Wheelparts should be able to get them. Jeeps have the same wheel pattern as our Rangers but the back spacing is not the same (almost). But you can use Jeep wheels on your Ranger.....I have before and had no issues.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Glad someone spoke up, I was making an intelligent guess based on what i have seen on here.

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
yeah i wasnt clear on my description. i wasnt looking for "ranger" rims. i was looking for any rim that was 15x10 with 5 - 4.5 holes. i couldnt find much of anything. i will check 4wheelparts

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
yeah i wasnt clear on my description. i wasnt looking for "ranger" rims. i was looking for any rim that was 15x10 with 5 - 4.5 holes. i couldnt find much of anything. i will check 4wheelparts
try looking for 5x114.3

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
i looked for both and didnt find anything. 4wheelparts was a bust.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
why are you putting beadlocks on an aluminum rim? if you're going to put it through enough abuse you might pop a bead, you would probably benefit from a steel rim's strength

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Like weezl said and look for a jeep wheel, small bolt pattern, they are basically interchangable. Theres hella more out there for them. Someone got a year and model for him to focus on?> IM not really sure what came with what.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
additionally to the jeep rims, i've always been told a jeep rim will fit on a ford, but a ford rim won't fit on a jeep, partially because of the hub diameter, but aftermarket rims usually have a 3.3" hub so there is no issue with that

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
additionally to the jeep rims, i've always been told a jeep rim will fit on a ford, but a ford rim won't fit on a jeep, partially because of the hub diameter, but aftermarket rims usually have a 3.3" hub so there is no issue with that
My spare wheel in the bed is a AR polished and it is for a jeep wrangler. The only difference is the back spacing is slightly different and the wheel is not as deep dished as my AR wheels are on the truck, but fit perfect on the truck without any issues. I mounted it up front and in the rear for a fit just to make sure after I bought the tire and wheel brand new and already mounted from 4wheelparts near me. I paid $145 for them both and that was a steal. I had to turn the wheel over to mount it in the bed since the wheel is not as deep as my other wheels but who cares for what I paid for the pair??

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that's a damn good deal!

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
do you havea pic of the front of the wheel?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals