• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Backspace Question

tajvelocity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazduh
Engine Size
2.5 Kittens
Transmission
Manual
I need to get rims and tires on a newly lifted (Fabtech spindle lift) 99 B2500. 15x8 (actually they recommend 15x7) with some not too wide 31" tires are preferable. Problem is I'm broke and can't cough up the money right now so:

1) Truck is sitting (had a running issue that may or may not be solved) but I want to know if I can drive on the stock rims for a while.

2) When I do save up, Fabtech says I need rims with at least 3.75 in backspacing. "At least" meaning 3.75 or less meaning a lower number and pushed farther out? I wouldn't mind a little poke so does that mean I can do like 3" BS if I find rims in that size?

I don't plan on regearing unless it's horribly slow (it's already pretty damn slow) but we'll see. I'm either going to buy rims online and take them to Tire Discounters to buy tires and mount them so I can get free rotation and maybe alignment, or possibly buy a tire/rim package online if it's a good deal. I would just do the whole thing at Tire Discounters but dude said he can't get steel wheels (wtf?).

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

#in of backspacing 10in wide wheel, 32x10.5

tajvelocity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazduh
Engine Size
2.5 Kittens
Transmission
Manual
Did you mean "3 in of backspacing"? So lower number more poke? But can I use my stock wheels for a while on the Fabtech spindles?

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yes I meant 3in, and yes lower number more poke, and I know nothing about fagtech spindles so you would have to ask someone else.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals