• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ATTN: Mods

thegoat4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm fine with closing a thread once it becomes useless and just an eyesore, but I think it's bad form to throw down your own personal opinion at the same time you close the thread. If the thread's discussion is really no longer beneficial, fine. Kill it, state why it was killed, and leave it at that. On the other hand, if you really think you need to interject something, leave the thread open so people can respond.

Putting in your opinion like it's all that needs to be said and forbidding responses (within that thread, anyway) just pisses people off. There's apparently already enough tension, otherwise the thread wouldn't have needed killing in the first place.

Hypnotic Toast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Automatic
Even though I don't know what the other thread is we are talking about, I agree completely. This is one of my pet-peeves. I've dealt with the same thing on other forums and it did nothing but piss people off, some to the extent that they either left the forum or spammed so many new topics they were forced to leave. I believe it's very distasteful and as you already stated if you feel that you should interject some of your own opinion, at least give others the chance to do the same. No one's word on here is final and it's everyone's right to explain their point of view.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
I suppose you are referring to my decision to close a thread in the "Garage" forum. What people seldom realize, is that when a warning is issued or statement made by a member of the staff without banning someone or closing the thread, nothing happens and it tends to go un-noticed.

My other problem with this thread is that you are simply fishing for support and looking to start e-drama by posting it in the General Discussions forum. If you had a genuine complaint and were sincere about making said complaint, you should have done so through PM's or emails. Anything else is usually perceived as immature or a publicity stunt even.

No one's word on here is final and it's everyone's right to explain their point of view.
That's actually not the case, but I'll leave it at that....

Last edited:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
He's probably referring to the reply I made after you closed it.

I went back and deleted my reply since the topic was closed.

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Even though I don't know what the other thread is we are talking about, I agree completely. This is one of my pet-peeves. I've dealt with the same thing on other forums and it did nothing but piss people off, some to the extent that they either left the forum or spammed so many new topics they were forced to leave. I believe it's very distasteful and as you already stated if you feel that you should interject some of your own opinion, at least give others the chance to do the same. No one's word on here is final and it's everyone's right to explain their point of view.
clearly you forgot jim oaks does have the "final word on things" . he can not watch everything on this site and has carefully chosen other mods to help watch this site ..
just like the us goverment we may not agree with everything but things hapen for a reason..

this is just my opion of what has hapened around here lately there's a wide range of people on this site and nearly impossible to keep everyone happy.

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual
He's probably referring to the reply I made after you closed it.

I went back and deleted my reply since the topic was closed.
thats what i was thinkin about when i read it

thegoat4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I placed this in general discussion rather than PM because it was not in reference to any one specific occurrence. I've seen it happen several times and it has been bugging me for a while.

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have seen it before, I thought the same thing. There are a couple of mods who do it just so they get the Last word.IMO

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
Doesn't bother me any, gives me more to read.

So grab a tissue, dry up them tears, and post somtime worth while.:icon_thumby:

JohhnyU, hows that beastly Chevy working out? Haven't heard much on it lately.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
I say in the future we leave all the threads open to pile up with bickering, and just ban the troublemakers...

Would that make us less power hungry?

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
So grab a tissue, dry up them tears, and post something worth while.:icon_thumby:
I couldn't agree more.

Is this about the useless cops thread? :stirthepot:
(*ducks under a desk)

Hypnotic Toast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Automatic
That's actually not the case, but I'll leave it at that....
clearly you forgot jim oaks does have the "final word on things" . he can not watch everything on this site and has carefully chosen other mods to help watch this site ..
just like the us goverment we may not agree with everything but things hapen for a reason..

this is just my opion of what has hapened around here lately there's a wide range of people on this site and nearly impossible to keep everyone happy.
Yes, final word in the sense that he, and the mods, can lock topics, delete posts and even ban people, but that's not what I was referring to. What I was trying to get across is that it's not right that someone may have a different point of view for one side of an argument and because the other side has the power to prevent the other side from saying so is wrong.

Like I stated before, I don't know what started all of this and I don't think goat was trying to start anything by making this topic. I'm just clearly stating my opinion. If others disagree, then so be it.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
Yes, final word in the sense that he, and the mods, can lock topics, delete posts and even ban people, but that's not what I was referring to. What I was trying to get across is that it's not right that someone may have a different point of view for one side of an argument and because the other side has the power to prevent the other side from saying so is wrong.

Like I stated before, I don't know what started all of this and I don't think goat was trying to start anything by making this topic. I'm just clearly stating my opinion. If others disagree, then so be it.

sorry... I had to. :icon_rofl:

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
I say in the future we leave all the threads open to pile up with bickering, and just ban the troublemakers...

Would that make us less power hungry?
Actually that sounds like a pretty good idea. Some of it does get entertaining to read.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals